Water Cooling

Go to solution Solved by Moress,

Cooling a GPU is not as simple as cooling an CPU as far as AIO's are concerned. If you want something simple either get a better air-cooler for your GPU and at least a 240mm AIO water cooler for your CPU. You could also pick up a 1080ti seahawk/hybrid when they come out.

basically.. dont

dh-15 for air cooling :P great price/performance, is competitive with most liquid coolers while having less maintenance , less failure points and is more quiet

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Are you looking to use an AIO or to build a custom loop?

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

A custom loop would be nice, I couldn't find a combo AIO with the CPU and GPU included.

I will be OC my system.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Sir said:

A custom loop would be nice, I couldn't find a combo AIO with the CPU and GPU included.

I will be OC my system.

Alright in that case do you have a parts list with EVERYTHING that is going into your system?

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

8 minutes ago, Moress said:

Alright in that case do you have a parts list with EVERYTHING that is going into your system?

yes:

ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero Z270 ( ATX mobo )

Ram : 4x8GB Ballistix

CPU: i7 7700k

GPU: EVGA 1080ti (founders edition)

PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G3

SSD/HD: 2x500GB HD | 250GB SSD | 1tb SSD

5 minutes ago, Mr.Sir said:

yes:

ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero Z270 ( ATX mobo )

Ram : 4x8GB Ballistix

CPU: i7 7700k

GPU: EVGA 1080ti (founders edition)

PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G3

SSD/HD: 2x500GB HD | 250GB SSD | 1tb SSD

So, in general you need radiators/fans, a pump/reservoir, tubing, fittings cpu block and gpu block. I have a configuration from EKWB linked below to give you a feel as well as general cost, but you can change it as you please. Also, custom loops are very expensive.

https://www.ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/shared/oW58fcd409a2f4c

4 minutes ago, Moress said:

So, in general you need radiators/fans, a pump/reservoir, tubing, fittings cpu block and gpu block. I have a configuration from EKWB linked below to give you a feel as well as general cost, but you can change it as you please.

https://www.ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/shared/oW58fcd409a2f4c

Would I need 2 Radiators, or is that an option for me to choose one of them?

Thank you so much btw.

11 minutes ago, Mr.Sir said:

Thank you so much btw.

That's an EK recommendation apparently. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

35 minutes ago, Moress said:

What if I were to get a AIO, would it be cheaper at the same quality? (with both GPU and CPU cooling)

Cooling a GPU is not as simple as cooling an CPU as far as AIO's are concerned. If you want something simple either get a better air-cooler for your GPU and at least a 240mm AIO water cooler for your CPU. You could also pick up a 1080ti seahawk/hybrid when they come out.

4 hours ago, Mr.Sir said:

Thank you so much btw.

And yes, the 1080ti is a large chip and puts out a lot of heat, for a 7700k and 1080ti I would say at least 480mm of radiator, and the way the R5 is build you would be best off with the 360mm and 240mm.