S7 edge screen protectors

ItsMinJunLol

Hi! I just bought some skinomi screen protectors for my s7 edge, but for some reason, BOTH of them turned out to be terrible. I know skinomi is very highly rated, but I'm not sure why. I still have to let it dry, but I'm starting to think I made the wrong choice. I will wait until the next day but for now, there are these weird bubbles and places where the screen is inflated, and it looks downright ugly. Should I get another Skinomi and try again? (It was a nightmare trying to put it on...) or should I get something that is potentially better and is easier to install? Thanks!

those weird bubbles = air bubbles

slowly place them down, apply pressure to places, squeeze them out

I don't know if Skinomi is good or not, ive never used them. I use generic random tempered glass ones, and they work out fantastic ($3/1 here)

never, never use shitty plastic ones. use tempered glass.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Honestly you don't need a screen protector for it, I believe it has an in built gorilla glass. I have dropped my s7 multiple times on asphalt and only the back side and the metal on the top & bottom sides took damage.

CPU: Intel Core I7 7700K & Corsair H100i v2
Mobo: Asus Maximus IX Hero
RAM: 32 Gigs @ 3000Mhz, Corsair Dominator Platinum
GPU: Asus Strix 1080 A8G
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500gb
PSU: Corsair HX750i
Case: Fractal Design Define S

They still make wet application screen protectors?

Use glass screen protector. No tint, perfectly transparent, perfectly flat, and your fingers glides like you had no screen protector, as your phone uses glass also.

Pick the thinnest one.

The only complication is ensuring that your screen is dust free at all times during the application process. It won't make bubbles. nothing you can't easily push out, but you'll have a trap dust particle, which may annoy you or not.

If you don't have the patience, or you are in an environment to have something dust free for a few minutes is difficult, then go with dry application plastic screen protector sheets, where you can peel, and unpeal multiple times, and use provided sticky tape to remove trap dust. Bubble means there is a trap dust.

Both, dry plastic screen protector and glass, leaves no glue residue. Check Amazon for reviews.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

those weird bubbles = air bubbles

slowly place them down, apply pressure to places, squeeze them out

I don't know if Skinomi is good or not, ive never used them. I use generic random tempered glass ones, and they work out fantastic ($3/1 here)

never, never use shitty plastic ones. use tempered glass.

They're not air bubbles, they are transparent so I'm thinking they are pockets of residual liquid that the protector came with. Since I managed to fuk up 2 of these, I decided to play around with the other one and damn these things are durable. I can't even break it by stretching it. Thanks for the suggestion tho I'll check it out.

1 minute ago, jnkokseby said:

Honestly you don't need a screen protector for it, I believe it has an in built gorilla glass. I have dropped my s7 multiple times on asphalt and only the back side and the metal on the top & bottom sides took damage.

Yes, my metal has tons of scratches and dents on it and the back side is slightly shattered, and I can see some scratches in the glass, so I would want a sceen protector.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

They still make wet application screen protectors?

Use glass screen protector. No tint, perfectly transparent, perfectly flat, and your fingers glides like you had no screen protector, as your phone uses glass also.

Pick the thinnest one.

The only complication is ensuring that your screen is dust free at all times during the application process.

You can't use glass on the S7 (let alone the edge) without a weird halo

1 minute ago, ItsMinJunLol said:

They're not air bubbles, they are transparent so I'm thinking they are pockets of residual liquid that the protector came with. Since I managed to fuk up 2 of these, I decided to play around with the other one and damn these things are durable. I can't even break it by stretching it. Thanks for the suggestion tho I'll check it out.

Yes, my metal has tons of scratches and dents on it and the back side is slightly shattered, and I can see some scratches in the glass, so I would want a sceen protector.

they are air bubbles.. ive had them before on my screen protectors

pain in the ass to get out

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Good luck finding one. Most "edge" screen protectors are very bad. Inform me if you find a good one, I have a friend who has the same question. 

5 hours ago, AriCode said:

Inform me if you find a good one

I second this, ive been trying to find a good one for my s6 edge plus but in the end screwed up 3 of 'em

10 hours ago, DarknessFalls229 said:

I second this, ive been trying to find a good one for my s6 edge plus but in the end screwed up 3 of 'em

The edge screen is such a meme at this point. 

On 24-4-2017 at 8:57 PM, AriCode said:

The edge screen is such a meme at this point. 

More than the explosiveness of the note7? Other than the edge being.. edgy, it is fine to me. Maybe takes a little time getting used to.