GPT format HARD DRIVE !?? NEED HELPSS

Caps is there any way to install a new os on a GPT harddrive without clean the entire hard drive just to convert it to MBR ?

I just format the entire "C" in my drive. And I didn't know that my hard drive is in GPT and to fix it, I need to clean the disk and convert it. But all my file in  "D and E" will gone :( and there is so many important file in there.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You want to install on gpt

Copy the files to anouther drive.

No reason to have extra partitions, just use folders.

I cant back up my file on D/E because I formatted my previous OS which is placed on C. So I dont have any OS running.

Just now, rizalcecep1 said:

I cant back up my file on D/E because I formatted my previous OS which is placed on C. So I dont have any OS running.

Put the files on another drive?

You can boot from a Linux use if you need to move files around. 

15 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Put the files on another drive?

You can boot from a Linux use if you need to move files around. 

Yup, put the files on D/E to external hard drive and convert my GBT drive to MRB and I can install a new OS. 

So i need to install linux first ? And copy the files and reinstall again with os that i want ?

Just now, rizalcecep1 said:

Yup, put the files on D/E to external hard drive and convert my GBT drive to MRB and I can install a new OS. 

So i need to install linux first ? And copy the files and reinstall again with os that i want ?

Just run linux off a USB or use another computer to copy them. 

What system do you have?  You want to install the os on a gpt drive with uefi. 

31 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Just run linux off a USB or use another computer to copy them. 

What system do you have?  You want to install the os on a gpt drive with uefi. 

Windows 7

Windows 7 can install on GPT just fine. When booting the disk just make sure you have the boot mode in your UEFI ("BIOS") set to UEFI and not legacy, then make sure you select the EFI bootloader on the USB drive or CD, not the MBR bootloader.

Depending on your motherboard and UEFI version you may need to manually add an entry for the disk before you can boot the installer in UEFI mode.

If you have a UEFI motherboard you want GPT and a UEFI OS. If your drive was already GPT that's what you had already.

If you give us more system details we can probably give more specific instructions for your specific hardware.

Yes, just use GPT for the newest installation, that will be easiest by far.

If you ever need to re-partition a drive, you need to be able to move files away before making the new partitions.

It is possible to remove all partitions and re-create them (so that previous ones are GPT and the new ones MBR - and sometimes even vice versa) - but, there's a high risk something goes wrong in the process and if it does, all data will be gone. Hence I can not stress enough, that backing up before doing something like this is quite mandatory (for example, parted on Linux can do this).

So: get a live Linux and use it to back up the files (or find another computer with some OS and connect the drive temporarily to it). Or install Windows to the free space you have left.

15 hours ago, Sniperfox47 said:

Windows 7 can install on GPT just fine. When booting the disk just make sure you have the boot mode in your UEFI ("BIOS") set to UEFI and not legacy, then make sure you select the EFI bootloader on the USB drive or CD, not the MBR bootloader.

Depending on your motherboard and UEFI version you may need to manually add an entry for the disk before you can boot the installer in UEFI mode.

If you have a UEFI motherboard you want GPT and a UEFI OS. If your drive was already GPT that's what you had already.

If you give us more system details we can probably give more specific instructions for your specific hardware.

9 hours ago, Wild Penquin said:

Yes, just use GPT for the newest installation, that will be easiest by far.

If you ever need to re-partition a drive, you need to be able to move files away before making the new partitions.

It is possible to remove all partitions and re-create them (so that previous ones are GPT and the new ones MBR - and sometimes even vice versa) - but, there's a high risk something goes wrong in the process and if it does, all data will be gone. Hence I can not stress enough, that backing up before doing something like this is quite mandatory (for example, parted on Linux can do this).

So: get a live Linux and use it to back up the files (or find another computer with some OS and connect the drive temporarily to it). Or install Windows to the free space you have left.

Thankyou guys. Its Solved.

I have to make a Live Os with linuxmint and move all my data to my other laptop. Then clean the disk and covert to mbr. And its done. 

Oh btw I've tried to change the boot mode into UEFI and change the Flash drive type(its not type but i dunno the name) on rufus. When I try to boot again I always get an error says x000d, and windows says I must repair my OS.

Thanks btw

6 hours ago, rizalcecep1 said:

Thankyou guys. Its Solved.

I have to make a Live Os with linuxmint and move all my data to my other laptop. Then clean the disk and covert to mbr. And its done. 

Oh btw I've tried to change the boot mode into UEFI and change the Flash drive type(its not type but i dunno the name) on rufus. When I try to boot again I always get an error says x000d, and windows says I must repair my OS.

Thanks btw

Just keep in mind that with Windows 7 this means that you may encounter some weird behavior with regards to other GPT disks you may hook up.

Windows 7 was weird in that it does different things with GPT drives depending on whether it's booted fron UEFI or BIOS.