4K Monitor Upgrade Advice - Which of these models should i choose?

Kokis
Hi! (look at my profile picture)

Been using a Samsung U28D590D for about one and a half years. It was a good monitor for a reasonable price and i loved it. But last year it began to give me a problem where the display flickered and turned on and off constantly so I RMAd it. Now i'm getting a chance to upgrade to a better monitor since Samsung damaged the item while it was in their care and I got them to give me a cash refund for the full 560 dollar purchase price!

So i got a few options for a monitor upgrade For my gaming machine running a Palit GeForce GTX 980Ti SJS.

1. Acer Predator XB281HK (28", 4K 60Hz , TN panel, 1MS, G-Sync enabled)Fast 1Ms response time due to TN panel but sub-par color reproduction and viewing angles.
2. Dell P2715Q (27", 4K 60Hz, IPS, 6MS, No G-Sync)Great sharpness due to high PPI from smaller size and amazing color reproduction from IPS display but 6 times slower with a 6Ms response time. Also, 1 inch smaller than what i'm used to.
3. ASUS PB287Q (28" 4K 60Hz, TN Panel, 1MS - No G-Sync) TN panel again, which means faster but less accurate colorspace. But no G-Sync so this is almost the worst choice of the three monitors. But much cheaper than the other two.
.... Any display gurus wanna give me some advices? I am very familiar with the specifications AND the pros and cons that those specifications present. What i wanna know is which of these options will look and perform the best in the real world. Things like would i notice a 5Ms slower response time, or do i really need to have high viewing angles or super accurate color reproduction...etc..

Thanks SO much for your help! <3

Collecting every bit of extra cash i have for computer upgrades. I'm a high-end gaming hardware addict.

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.6Ghz, Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, G-Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR 4 @ 3333Mhz, Palit GeForce GTX 980Ti Super Jetstream 6GB, Corsair Carbide Clear 600C ATX, Team Ultra L5 240GB 2.5" SSD, FSP Group AURUM CM 80+ GOLD 650W, Acer Predator XB281HK, Corsair H100i v2, ASUS Strix Tactic Pro with CMX Blue switches, Steel Series Rival 700, Logitech Z623 2.1, Windows 10 x64 Insider Preview on Fast Lane

19 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Your U28D590D had no Gsync so you have to ask yourself, if you had been using Vsync and if it had a great impact on performance. If you did not use Vsync, was the tearing bad? At 28" were you able to tell apart individual pixels and would you want a sharper image? Do you play competitive shooters or use software that needs color accuracy?

Going from 1ms to 6ms response time is negligible. Can you discern 1 thousandth of a second? I definitely can't.

Based on what you want, determine if you would benefit more from Gsync or an IPS panel.

Thanks so much for your input.

I don't do creative stuff like photo or video editing or drawing anymore. So this will be only for gaming. I do play a lot of competitive Overwatch and also take part in most local tournaments. And it;s clear which of these monitors is good for me for that purpose on paper. But i've only ever used one 4K display and that was a 8+2bit TN panel and i don't have any experience with IPS or G-Sync or displays with slower response times. As you mentioned, it seems like a faster G-Sync display is more suitable for my use case, but My concern is, what's the real world difference of these. I might be required to pay a ton more for some of these, and looking at the specs, the choice might look obvious, but would i really notice a difference between TN and IPS or G-Sync or No G-Sync.?

At the moment i'm leaning towards the ACER option.

Thanks!

Collecting every bit of extra cash i have for computer upgrades. I'm a high-end gaming hardware addict.

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.6Ghz, Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, G-Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR 4 @ 3333Mhz, Palit GeForce GTX 980Ti Super Jetstream 6GB, Corsair Carbide Clear 600C ATX, Team Ultra L5 240GB 2.5" SSD, FSP Group AURUM CM 80+ GOLD 650W, Acer Predator XB281HK, Corsair H100i v2, ASUS Strix Tactic Pro with CMX Blue switches, Steel Series Rival 700, Logitech Z623 2.1, Windows 10 x64 Insider Preview on Fast Lane

6 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Then I suggest you get the XB281HK if you can afford it. Gsync does the same job of Vsync but without the performance impact. You will definitely be able to tell apart IPS from TN. 

It may do a better job. G-sync>Freesync>V-sync in my opinion. Not sure if it's because the gpu has that much less work to do, but I seem to get better gaming with the first to than I do with V-sync enabled. He'll definitely appreciate the 1ms compared to 6ms in competitive shooters.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?

34 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Then I suggest you get the XB281HK if you can afford it. Gsync does the same job of Vsync but without the performance impact. You will definitely be able to tell apart IPS from TN. 

23 minutes ago, crzyces said:

It may do a better job. G-sync>Freesync>V-sync in my opinion. Not sure if it's because the gpu has that much less work to do, but I seem to get better gaming with the first to than I do with V-sync enabled. He'll definitely appreciate the 1ms compared to 6ms in competitive shooters.

Okay. I had a couple of friends look into this as well and they too said the Predator is the best option for me. I'm gonna be ordering it on Monday... Though it'll take a little more than three weeks to have it shipped to where i live so i'll be happy to have different opinions on this post. Maybe someone who has used some or all of these monitors care to share their first hand comparison? 

Thanks ^_^ 

Stick with the predator TN panel if you play competitive overwatch.

People say they don't feel the delay on a IPS but that's total bull. I love IPS panel but i'm not going to tell you to get it because the tiny fraction of a delay during intensive game reaction will drive you nuts like it did to me.

13 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

Stick with the predator TN panel if you play competitive overwatch.

People say they don't feel the delay on a IPS but that's total bull. I love IPS panel but i'm not going to tell you to get it because the tiny fraction of a delay during intensive game reaction will drive you nuts like it did to me.

That's what i'm worried about. And the 6MS response time doesn't come by default too.. I'll have to manually set it down from 9MS. In my opinion there has to be a reason why they just don't ship the item on the better setting.... 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for necroing this thread, but i have another question. 

I ordered the XB281HK two weeks back and it's on the way. But my shop just informed me that they have a bunch of Predator X34's coming down as well and asked me if i would like to upgrade my order. 

I'm considering. What do you guys think?