New COD WW2 "leaked"

I'm ready for a WWII again and I'm ready for a CoD game as well (haven't bought one in 4-ish years).

I used to love COD back in the day. Everything before Ghosts, I loved. WAW, MW2, MW3, BO1, BO2, I played the shit outta the multiplayer on those. But then it took a turn for the worse. Ever since Ghosts/AW, COD has been trash. I mean BO3 was ok, but the supply drop guns made it super unfun to play online. Now I only buy the games on deep clearance and all I play is the zombies. Hopefully they can turn it around with this. And hopefully Sledgehammer can make a good zombies mode this time, unlike the bin of ass cancer that was exo zombies.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Why couldn't they just hand it to Treyarch...

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

3 minutes ago, Iankiller99 said:

They're probably already on their next game. I'd rather see Treyarch move to their own projects as they've had the most success with campaigns and multiplayer since they've joined the [franchise].

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

8 minutes ago, Iankiller99 said:

Treyarch are still making CoD games. They just have longer now to create their game, which is a good thing imo

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

2 minutes ago, Rupe said:

Treyarch are still making CoD games. They just have longer now to create their game, which is a good thing imo

What he meant was, why can't they hand this ww2 game project to treyarch or have sledgehammers and treyarch work on it since treyarch has had good experience with making ww2 games in the past

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

My question is: is the decision to go WWII was planned way ahead by Activision themselves or a response to Battlefield 1's WWI theme? Because if it's the latter then I do not know how they could make a WWII game that short in development when Battlefield 1 was only announced a year ago.

Edited by ApolloFury
grammar

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

17 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

What he meant was, why can't they hand this ww2 game project to treyarch or have sledgehammers and treyarch work on it since treyarch has had good experience with making ww2 games in the past

It does not necessarily mean that Treyarch won't be working on a WW2 game. Definitely possible they will want to bring out more than one given the bad reception of the recent near future games

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

I don't have high hopes as I have a strong feeling they will simply just screw it up. COD has been going downhill ever since Modern Warfare 3.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

Fix for night pls

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

1 hour ago, ApolloFury said:

My question is: is the decision to go WWII was planned way ahead by Activision themselves or a response to Battlefield 1's WWI theme? Because if it's the latter then I do not know how they could make a WWII game that short in development when Battlefield 1 was only announced a year ago.

The game has already been in development for two years since all three studios are on a three-year development cycle.

14 minutes ago, 4960X said:

is this based on a new engine?

Depends what your definition of new is. Did they modify major parts of their current engine? Then yes. Did they scrap the old one and make a new one? Then yes. 

Some people think that a new engine has to be newly made rather than a modification of the old, but it isn't feasible to create hundreds of millions of lines of code for a single release.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers