Steam games showing black screen

So when I quit certain steam games (portal 2, csgo, insurgency, and tf2), or press alt-tab or the windows key, the game goes away and just shows a black screen. No button I press, neither alt-tab, alt-f4, or anything (i even downloaded superF4 and using it yields no results), will close the screen, forcing me to restart my computer. I initially though that it was only valve games, but it happens with insurgency and doesn't happen with left 4 dead 2, which is really wierd

Any potential fixes?

7 minutes ago, likeaboz2002 said:

So when I quit certain steam games (portal 2, csgo, insurgency, and tf2), or press alt-tab or the windows key, the game goes away and just shows a black screen. No button I press, neither alt-tab, alt-f4, or anything (i even downloaded superF4 and using it yields no results), will close the screen, forcing me to restart my computer. I initially though that it was only valve games, but it happens with insurgency and doesn't happen with left 4 dead 2, which is really wierd

Any potential fixes?

What OS are you using

12 minutes ago, likeaboz2002 said:

Any potential fixes?

Because if it's Windows 10, it's an issue that has been there since the beginning, a black screen when exiting/entering some games in full screen, the fix is simple you have to unplug the monitor cable from either the computer or monitor and just keep doing that until you get your screen back

10 minutes ago, Dodgeyou said:

What OS are you using

windows 10

4 minutes ago, Dodgeyou said:

Because if it's Windows 10, it's an issue that has been there since the beginning, a black screen when exiting/entering some games in full screen, the fix is simple you have to unplug the monitor cable from either the computer or monitor and just keep doing that until you get your screen back

I found a solution that says if you go to your video/display adapter settings and change it from 59hz to 60hz it can fix it, but ill try both right now

Thanks for helping