Alternative to ASUS VG248QE

Bookhugger

Hello folks, 

I've been doing research to purchase a 1080p 144hz monitor and Asus's VG248QE looks like the best budget option however I'm a bit surprised there is nothing better(cheaper) considering this monitor is almost 4 years old.  Do you know of any cheaper options? I just wanted to double check before I spring for it that I'm not missing a cheaper option.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, PaperLuigi said:

Acer xf240h and it has free sync too 

Aside from the FreeSync looks about the same? I'm mainly focused on the cheaper aspect if there's any options.

i got it for 300€ in 2014,price was pretty good then.
overall i like the monitor for this price but it's not enough for me now,i'm going 1440p next

how expensive is it for you?

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

22 minutes ago, Bookhugger said:

Hello folks, 

I've been doing research to purchase a 1080p 144hz monitor and Asus's VG248QE looks like the best budget option however I'm a bit surprised there is nothing better(cheaper) considering this monitor is almost 4 years old.  Do you know of any cheaper options? I just wanted to double check before I spring for it that I'm not missing a cheaper option.

Thanks

AOC G2460PF

ViewSonic XG2401