Fans for Antec P183 with ASUS PRIME X370-PRO

iowyn
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
4 hours ago, iowyn said:

Hey W-L, thanks for the welcome and details! I figured there is a simple solution but couldn't find the answers myself, though I didn't look into build guides or anything but wanted to check here since I figured there'd be a reliable answer here, which! you've supplied, so thanks again, I'll start my research now.
It's 4 fans off two MB points, so it should be fine for the 1A limit.

Yes that won't be a problem, something like this will work.

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-Sleeved-Splitter-CPF01/dp/B00B46XKKQ

Hey all,

I've been trying to figure out, without a fan controller, if it's possible to have two fans connected to the one motherboard control point.

In this specific case, my motherboard has two chasis points, andmy chasis has 4 fans.

If you've got spefici examples from online stores, please let me know amd if it's not a commercial option, is it possible to do a wire mod to achieve this?

I'd have two fans on the top and back in the same port, and the two front fans in the other port.

Thanks on advanced.

(I'm askimg here, because I've spent a few days checking, but haven't found a solution yet)

3 minutes ago, iowyn said:

Hey all,

I've been trying to figure out, without a fan controller, if it's possible to have two fans connected to the one motherboard control point.

In this specific case, my motherboard has two chasis points, andmy chasis has 4 fans.

If you've got spefici examples from online stores, please let me know amd if it's not a commercial option, is it possible to do a wire mod to achieve this?

I'd have two fans on the top and back in the same port, and the two front fans in the other port.

Thanks on advanced.

(I'm askimg here, because I've spent a few days checking, but haven't found a solution yet)

Welcome to the Forums!

Yes you can use a splitter to have more than one fan per motherboard header, just be sure to not overload the header as most have a 1 amp capacity. A good rule of thumb is more more than 3-4 fans per header. 

On 23/04/2017 at 11:41 AM, W-L said:

Welcome to the Forums!

Yes you can use a splitter to have more than one fan per motherboard header, just be sure to not overload the header as most have a 1 amp capacity. A good rule of thumb is more more than 3-4 fans per header. 

Hey W-L, thanks for the welcome and details! I figured there is a simple solution but couldn't find the answers myself, though I didn't look into build guides or anything but wanted to check here since I figured there'd be a reliable answer here, which! you've supplied, so thanks again, I'll start my research now.

4 hours ago, iowyn said:

Yes that won't be a problem, something like this will work.

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-Sleeved-Splitter-CPF01/dp/B00B46XKKQ