Computer is very slow when I have Gigabyte App Center installed but fine without

Hi,

So, basically, I have a Gigabyte GA-Z270 Ultra Gaming motherboard and, as such, was using Gigabyte's App Centre program to access a load of features to do with my PC.

Recently, however, and without any warning, my PC started acting slowly, and so I went through some steps to find the source of the problem, and discovered in was App Center causing the issues.

Has anyone heard of this before? My PC is now running as smooth as anything, as it was before, as I have App Center uninstalled, however I would like to get it back as it has many useful features.

I did notice there was a specific update to one of the applets within App Center that seemed to be causing it, as I saw it was installed the day before I started getting these problems, but this just seems to install itself but was not there before. This program was EasyTuneServiceEngine, or something like that.

Any help or insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated :)

I have no idea why this is happening but I can confirm I am having the same issue. I am running an I7 7700k and Z270X and whenever I have it installed my PC suddenly slows down massively. Take it off and it becomes a beast again... Very strange 

44 minutes ago, RoodSquirrel said:

On 4/22/2017 at 2:04 PM, NinjaSandvich said:

Most of these motherboard app things are really bad, and I recommend uninstalling them.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Yeah, I did a X99 build for a friend, and the AI Suite software...caused the PC to lag bad...we actually reinstalled windows to figure out what was wrong..

Turns out AI suite was to blame. The minute I installed it, the mouse start lagging, file explorer took forever to open (on a SSD too), and task manager froze...so we uninstalled it, and all issues went away.

18 hours ago, RoodSquirrel said:

I have no idea why this is happening but I can confirm I am having the same issue. I am running an I7 7700k and Z270X and whenever I have it installed my PC suddenly slows down massively. Take it off and it becomes a beast again... Very strange 

18 hours ago, RoodSquirrel said:

Yeah, exact same processor and chipset here xD
Only one service was causing these issues, so I uninstalled that one and now it is fine again...

18 hours ago, RGProductions said:

Most of these motherboard app things are really bad, and I recommend uninstalling them.

It is annoying, really, because it is handy to have them there.

I have uninstalled the one causing problems, the others seem to fine though :)

16 hours ago, scottyseng said:

Yeah, I did a X99 build for a friend, and the AI Suite software...caused the PC to lag bad...we actually reinstalled windows to figure out what was wrong..

Turns out AI suite was to blame. The minute I installed it, the mouse start lagging, file explorer took forever to open (on a SSD too), and task manager froze...so we uninstalled it, and all issues went away.

Yeah, I have a 7700k and Z270 motherboard, and a Samsung 850 Pro SSD, so it is the software.

Annoying how bad they are, it is only this one service too - I have the others installed right now and they don't cause anything like it.

• 8 months later...

I had the same issue and was blaming Avast AntiVirus update. As soon as I close out of the Gigabyte App Center, my computer instantly regained speed. I went ahead and uninstalled it completely which took forever, and now my PC is back to running like it should. It had me really worried because this all happened the last few days of December 2017 and so a few days after this happened, I heard about Spectre and Meltdown and at first thought it was a "year 2018 bug" like the Y2K, but later found out it would slow my PC down more and this made me really panic. Now, thanks to this posting for reminding me that when i closed the app center my PC was faster, I am not fearing the slow down from patching against Spectre and Meltdown.

Hopefully I don't anger people by posting to this, but it is very valuable for people to know that more people had the same issue with Gigabyte App Center and solved it by removing it. Why on earth would such a high-end hardware manufacturer make software that kills performance? This could EASILY lead people to assuming "oh man, don't get Gigabyte hardware, I bought a motherboard from them once and my PC ran horrible, so I bought a "insert other brand here" and my PC ran much faster". Very bad Public Relations to release software like that. Also, this is still a current issue because I've been updating the software in their apps often and so I was using the most recent versions, so releasing updates doesn't solve the issue, just DON'T USE THAT SOFTWARE, unless your computer is only intended to be looked at and listened to when powered on and not actually used for any purpose at all.

I actually created this account, just so I could make this reply because it is very important.

After years of trouble free computing with different systems (apart from an ax860i from corsair that failed twice) I recently purchased a new mobo and gfx. I uninstalled Gigabyte App Center after about a day because of issues with it. I had to have the first gfx card replaced because it died after a reboot. I have had problems with my gfx fans on the replacement. I don't think I will be buying gigabyte again in the near future.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

• 4 months later...

glad i'm not the only one.  z270-hd3 7700k

this bug is so wierd! everything slow (even boot times), but all the monitoring software still tells correct frequency, etc. 

looks like all the cores are still active, but just opening google chrome ramps cpu usage to 100%.

+ high idle temps

wierd

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem too! Please uninstall app center as soon as possible, just logged in to say thank you all!

This is really weird