Cheapo mods/side window?

IKnight

Hey all. Kinda up for modding my case as it’s bone stock and boring now.

Firstly, what are some cheap mods that could make the case look 'better'? (the less tools/money I have to use the better xD )

Secondly, can the RAM (covers? Idk what they are called) be repainted, and if so suggestions on paint and stuff? (Also thinking about repainting part of the GPU since it’s freaking red, whilst my mobo, SSD, side cables are all blue-_-).

And thirdly, since my case comes with no side window, what’s the best way to go about putting one in? I’m thinking of just swapping out the whole side panel with a piece of plexi-glass or clear plastic.

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Just now, ImadKnight said:

Firstly, what are some cheap mods that could make the case look 'better'? (the less tools/money I have to use the better xD )

Secondly, can the RAM (covers? Idk what they are called) be repainted, and if so suggestions on paint and stuff? (Also thinking about repainting part of the GPU since it’s freaking red, whilst my mobo, SSD, side cables are all blue-_-).

And thirdly, since my case comes with no side window, what’s the best way to go about putting one in? I’m thinking of just swapping out the whole side panel with a piece of plexi-glass or clear plastic.

Yes you can repaint your RAM heatpsreaders, it's best to take it off for painting if possible or mask it very well, same for the GPU shroud, taking it off is best for painting and prep. 

If you interested I have a guide on all of this including a Window Mod under the Modding FAQ:

7 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes you can repaint your RAM heatpsreaders, it's best to take it off for painting if possible or mask it very well, same for the GPU shroud, taking it off is best for painting and prep. 

If you interested I have a guide on all of this including a Window Mod under the Modding FAQ:

thanks, you're guide is great. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

2 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

I'd look at the Define R5 window since its a similar case and cut it like that. Making a plexi or acrylic panel that would replace the metal side panel is really hard... 

For the heatspreaders on the RAM, Take a hairdryer, turn the heat up, and pry off the heat spreaders then paint.

For the GPU, disassemble it so you just have the shroud, then mask off the parts you don't want to paint. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi.