Windows/Ctrl Key Get's Virtually 'stuck' after update

I've recently had a very annoying problem that makes my computer basically unusable re-surface after the last windows update. At random periods windows will act as if the Windows Key and all modifiers are held down, I can get all but the widows key to release by accessing the lock-screen (I press delete and it opens it.. because ctrl+alt are already 'held' down...). I've had this problem before on other systems and everything I can find online is completely useless and I've never fixed it without a re-format (which isn't an option here). I use to think it was from heavy load (started playing Black Desert Recently) but I just had it happen upon just booting my PC and it being idle for no more than 15 minutes, keybard wasn't even turned on (wireless). This also effects the on-screen keyboard and any hotkey scripts I try to make to get around the issue, so it's definitely an OS issue somewhere, I just don't know where. The only shared software between this computer on others that have this issue is Adobe Creative Cloud and Google Chrome (uninstalling both did not fix the issue).

Spec: Windows 10 (Creators Update)

i7 6700k

GTX 1070 (MSI, 1080p monitor)

2x 1T 7k rpm drives

Logitech Wireless (K360)

UTechSmart 8k 'gaming' mouse (or) Microsoft Brand wireless portable

I've tried running without a keyboard, tried running without a mouse, tried verifying the OS (sfc or whatever), I tried disabling sleep and superfetch, I tried uninstalling Chrome + Adobe Creative Cloud, Disabling Anti-Virus (win10 starts up defender again shortly anyways tho... so it may be a the culprit?), and a ton of smaller things I can't really recall (since they didn't work..). I heard uninstalling Java could assist but I haven't gotten to that one yet.

Sorry if the post seems rushed I'm leaving just now for work but really need to find a solution soon, so I'm hoping someone here will be able to help.

Saw this alot of times at my work but not only with those keys. any given key could do this. they only way to fix this was a clean install. Sometimes the "L" or whatever letter  was stuck and this made logging in impossible. sometimes it is just only the keyboard but more often windows.

How did you install windows 10?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

14 minutes ago, michaelpstanich said:

I've recently had a very annoying problem that makes my computer basically unusable re-surface after the last windows update. At random periods windows will act as if the Windows Key and all modifiers are held down, I can get all but the widows key to release by accessing the lock-screen (I press delete and it opens it.. because ctrl+alt are already 'held' down...). I've had this problem before on other systems and everything I can find online is completely useless and I've never fixed it without a re-format (which isn't an option here). I use to think it was from heavy load (started playing Black Desert Recently) but I just had it happen upon just booting my PC and it being idle for no more than 15 minutes, keybard wasn't even turned on (wireless). This also effects the on-screen keyboard and any hotkey scripts I try to make to get around the issue, so it's definitely an OS issue somewhere, I just don't know where. The only shared software between this computer on others that have this issue is Adobe Creative Cloud and Google Chrome (uninstalling both did not fix the issue).

Spec: Windows 10 (Creators Update)

i7 6700k

GTX 1070 (MSI, 1080p monitor)

2x 1T 7k rpm drives

Logitech Wireless (K360)

UTechSmart 8k 'gaming' mouse (or) Microsoft Brand wireless portable

I've tried running without a keyboard, tried running without a mouse, tried verifying the OS (sfc or whatever), I tried disabling sleep and superfetch, I tried uninstalling Chrome + Adobe Creative Cloud, Disabling Anti-Virus (win10 starts up defender again shortly anyways tho... so it may be a the culprit?), and a ton of smaller things I can't really recall (since they didn't work..). I heard uninstalling Java could assist but I haven't gotten to that one yet.

Sorry if the post seems rushed I'm leaving just now for work but really need to find a solution soon, so I'm hoping someone here will be able to help.

I hit my Windows key twice, fast, and that fixed it. Try it, and tell me what happens.

I NEEDED WINDOWS 10 64-BIT SO BADLYxD

The awesome build

Ram: DDR400 2.5 GB   GPU: It's big, that's all I know   Case: A red box   Motherboard: My mother hates me   HDD: I don't have one, I threw it against the wall and it broke, so it is a softdrive   CPU: Intel Pentium 3, Quake get's rekt   OS: Microshaft Winblows XP

Here comes a beast of a laptop, the TravelMate 5742, it's so bad (get the reference )

Ram : 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM  (1066Mhz)     CPU :  Intel Core i5 480M / 2.66 GHz (It turbo's up to 2.93 GHz)     GPU :  Intel HD Graphics     HDD : 500GB (5400 rpm) OS : Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (Build 1607)

6 hours ago, Enderman said:

How did you install windows 10?

I installed using the Media Download Tool supplied by Microsoft (I'm a win7-upgrader, however this is a fresh install after a full format).

6 hours ago, Factory OC said:

I hit my Windows key twice, fast, and that fixed it. Try it, and tell me what happens.

That stops windows key hotkeys from triggering, however it still doesn't allow me to use those keys in applications (for example, I can't type 'c' in google chrome. On top of that I also can't type 'a' in chrome either after this bug because it just does a 'select all'). This is a solution that is always suggested, and it has never worked on any machine for me, makes me jealous.