Windows 10 free?

ethandeguire

I'm currently running windows 10 and dealing with the "Activate Windows" because I had to rma a motherboard so that the new one is not bound to this windows version.

Is there like a crack to make this go away until i can call microsoft and get them to replace the key?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R5 1600, Asus Prime B350, 16gb corsair vengeance, nzxt s340, gigabyte gtx 1060, cryorig h7, 256gb adata su800. More in Link.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RC4KQV

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um, why not call Microsoft now?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, ethandeguire said:

I'm currently running windows 10 and dealing with the "Activate Windows" because I had to rma a motherboard so that the new one is not bound to this windows version.

Is there like a crack to make this go away until i can call microsoft and get them to replace the key?

We don't deal with software piracy on this forum, buy your own stuff!

You call Microsoft and use the phone activation method. It's 10 minutes, tops.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, ethandeguire said:

That would be pirating it any ways what could even prevent you from getting the new key from Microsoft.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Sack said:

We don't deal with software piracy on this forum, buy your own stuff!

I bought windows 10 for $120 2 weeks ago, then my mobo broke, now windows wants me to buy another copy! 

R5 1600, Asus Prime B350, 16gb corsair vengeance, nzxt s340, gigabyte gtx 1060, cryorig h7, 256gb adata su800. More in Link.

Just now, ethandeguire said:

I bought windows 10 for $120 2 weeks ago, then my mobo broke, now windows wants me to buy another copy! 

Then ask about how to solve that, and don't ask for software cracks, because we don't do that stuff here.

Just now, Sack said:

Then ask about how to solve that, and don't ask for software cracks, because we don't do that stuff here.

yes, I was just wondering if i could make this watermark go away before I call microsoft, as i cant currently

You either have to change which motherboard the key is bound to or enter your key again. It depends if you have a microsoft account tied to your key or not.

1 minute ago, ethandeguire said:

Contact them, and be patient, if you were going to crack windows any ways now it would be a waste of the 120$ Besides even if those pirated Windows 10 present on torrent websites are "fully functional" you are dealing with a major risk when comes down to what the cracker has access to your personal data, it is like Microsoft telemetry but instead of sending data to Microsoft it is going to some shady Russian or what not :P

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Fraser Cow said:

You either have to change which motherboard the key is bound to or enter your key again. It depends if you have a microsoft account tied to your key or not.

no microsoft bound to my key, but when i enter my code it says it cant activate

login to your Microsoft account 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

login to your Microsoft account 

yes, im logged in now, but my key isnt bound to my account, so it doesnt work

This is the easiest way to do it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

Recently did that myself, when I changed all of my hardware.

You'll basically get a list of your activated devices that are tied to your Microsoft account, and you can just click one to transfer your current license to your new machine, simple as that. You do not need to call them to activate etc.

Please do not ask for cracks or any other sort of piracy. As stated already, if you have a key, call microsoft support and they'll help you migrate it to the new motherboard.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR