Ryzen 5 1600 Won't Boot

NORD_Jeffy
Go to solution Solved by NORD_Jeffy,
20 minutes ago, mrbilky said:

How about cmos being reset wouldn't put it past a seller to repackage a returned mother board with a fault in the bios from a previous owner example being an overclock profile that is not posting for your cpu?

i have had the battery out quite a few times to no luck, also the seller is very highly rated here in denmark so i don't think they would do that 

i'm going to send it in so they can look at it. right now i rebuilt my old system and using that for the time being.

Having the same problem right now, Using MSI B350 Bazooka and Ryzen 5 1600X. Won't boot fans running and tried the 1 stick of ram thing. CPU EZ debug led is on. What did you guys do?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with msi b350 gaming pro and ryzen 5 1500x and the same L.E.D. is ON Cpu debug .??????

What is happening with this MB and BIOS i am very disappointed, MSI told me should work fine .

I have same issue tried with a gigabyte mb which I returned and now a msi both with same result.  It will not come up the video card is flashing in standby.  According to gigabyte the Ryzen 5 does not have video integration while the Ryzen 7 does.  I am guessing this is why we are having issue they claim you must have a video card, I did and still it would not work.  I am returning the CPU - I may return the MSI as well and get Intel instead as my system is dead and I need it back.

7 hours ago, bodunk2k said:

According to gigabyte the Ryzen 5 does not have video integration while the Ryzen 7 does.  I am guessing this is why we are having issue they claim you must have a video card, I did and still it would not work.

That is correct however no Ryzen chip to date (rumor that raven ridge will) has onboard graphics (APU) they all require a dedicated graphics card to operate

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

Just wondering if you ever figure this out I have a similar system and had a similar problem, ended up being that I was using the HDMI cable and on a new system it defaults to VGA or display port. Or use the display port and it started right up

• 1 month later...

Same problem.

Ryzen 5 1600x, 8 gb corsair vengeance, msi b350 tomahawk.

I built my rig a month or two ago, been working fine until small hiccups, where the display would cut out, no response from the gpu. Most recently it refused to boot at all. I took out the video card, plugged display into mobo, still no response, I look to see on which LEDs are lit and the CPU is bright red... Reseated and repasted, to no avail... if I hear more cases of this I'm gonna sell my shares of amd before this gets out. 

Please let us know if you've gotten a response from AMD 

I have the exact same problem with almost the exact same setup.
If you find a solution, please please PLEASE write it

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've the same problem:

won't boot, no display (screen black)

EZ debug led are on for CPU and RAM, but not for VGA and BOOT.
Fan CPU, case and VGA card are on.

Configuration:

Msi AMD B350M Bazooka

Amd Ryzen 5 1600

Ram DIMM DDR4 16GB G.Skill 2666 CL15 

VGA Card Amd Sapphire R7 250 4GB

Someone has solved the problem?

I found a solution in my case.  I am using the Ryzen 5 1600x with a  ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS board.  

You must use an external graphics card to get the machine to post.   No onboard video port will work.  No hdmi, no dvi, no vga.  

I've never had to plug a video card into a machine to get it to post.  I guess I'll have to check that in the future.  

14 hours ago, Bluejoewho said:

I found a solution in my case.  I am using the Ryzen 5 1600x with a  ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS board.  

You must use an external graphics card to get the machine to post.   No onboard video port will work.  No hdmi, no dvi, no vga.  

I've never had to plug a video card into a machine to get it to post.  I guess I'll have to check that in the future.  

Yep you missed the memo on Ryzen, no SKU to date has onboard graphics 9_9 Think they have one in the works it's called Raven Ridge and is a true APU.

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Make sure you are plugging the ram sticks in the right slots my Tomahawk wouldn't boot unless it was in slot 2 and 4

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed the same issue. Each time I turned on the PC it started then immediately shut down. On the sixth attempt it started. My MSI BIOS has a setting to retry settings five times before it loads working defaults, so it looked like it wasn't working. The setting is five by default and can be changed once in BIOS. Error due to the Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 mem speed and voltages not set correctly for the initial boot, so the motherboard was attempting to use incorrect settings for the first five tries, probably due to the old BIOS. Updated the BIOS, current revision E7A32AMS.180, and mem runs without a problem at 2933 MHz. I have it running at posted 3200 but I get a three beep warning from cold start so I have to go into the BIOS and restart from there a few times before it does actually start at 3200 and runs stable, passes mem tests and stress tests. Apparently a number of people have the same problem! Hopefully a later revision will fix my start issue. PC still takes a while to get through the BIOS start, can take 20 or more seconds.

When resetting the BIOS, don't remove the battery, use the jumper or switch. If it's a jumper use a small flat headed screwdriver to bridge the gap, it's a lot easier than trying to actually put a jumper on it!

Monitors need to be plugged into the graphics card, not the motherboard Graphics port.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600x - 3.7GHz boost 4GHz

MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 - 3200 MHz 16Gig

Gigabyte Gaming G1 Geforce GTX 1070 - 2.2GHz

Samsung Evo 960 PCI-E SSD 500Gig

Liquid cooling

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, Keith101101 said:

Fixed the same issue. Each time I turned on the PC it started then immediately shut down. On the sixth attempt it started. My MSI BIOS has a setting to retry settings five times before it loads working defaults, so it looked like it wasn't working. The setting is five by default and can be changed once in BIOS. Error due to the Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 mem speed and voltages not set correctly for the initial boot, so the motherboard was attempting to use incorrect settings for the first five tries, probably due to the old BIOS. Updated the BIOS, current revision E7A32AMS.180, and mem runs without a problem at 2933 MHz. I have it running at posted 3200 but I get a three beep warning from cold start so I have to go into the BIOS and restart from there a few times before it does actually start at 3200 and runs stable, passes mem tests and stress tests. Apparently a number of people have the same problem! Hopefully a later revision will fix my start issue. PC still takes a while to get through the BIOS start, can take 20 or more seconds.

When resetting the BIOS, don't remove the battery, use the jumper or switch. If it's a jumper use a small flat headed screwdriver to bridge the gap, it's a lot easier than trying to actually put a jumper on it!

Monitors need to be plugged into the graphics card, not the motherboard Graphics port.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600x - 3.7GHz boost 4GHz

MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 - 3200 MHz 16Gig

Gigabyte Gaming G1 Geforce GTX 1070 - 2.2GHz

Samsung Evo 960 PCI-E SSD 500Gig

Liquid cooling

Hope this helps.

Ha we almost have the same setup and yes I had that quirky issue as well

• 1 month later...

Ok now I'm having a similar issue. I have a Ryzen 7 1700, MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic, Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 16gb. Has been running fine since I built it about 3 months ago. There have been some random boot issues but otherwise nothing bad. So today I get home and turn it on. Ryzen master pulls up and I notice it's at 3.2 GHz. I have had a 3.8 overclock dialed in for awhile. So I go in to the bios and it's showing 3.8 but the ram is showing 2133 not 3200. All the settings are showing it Should be at 3.8 and 3200. So I save and boot windows and CPU-Z still shows 3.2. so I go back to the bios but it never goes in. Just black screens. Now it won't boot nor will it go to bios. Tried powering off, resetting cmos the whole nine yards....nothing. no ex debug lights at first but now the bottom boot light stays on. I'm running a Samsung 850 EVO 250g boot drive that was brand new. I'm now stumped..... anyone have any ideas?

Guys I am having the same exact issue,

I have Asrock 370x mini-itx
Corsair CMR32GX4M2C3200C16
Asus1080ti
Ryzen 1800x

It's been working fine for a month exactly, shut it down one night, turned it back on, nothing. Tried everything, then I bought a gigabyte board, it didn't work right away, then it worked after swapping ram around. So, i thought that was funny, so I put it back into the old board and worked again. Stress tested a bunch. Shut it down again and it doesn't work again!?!?

Honestly, I have no idea what part is the problem or if it's the CPU. I have the latest Bios on both the boards. Ram memtest @3200 returned no errors, system was stable, it just simply won't turn on and won't go to bios or power USB. All the fan spin.

Is this a major Ryzen problem? Are the CPU the problem?

• 3 months later...

I have same problem. I use mainboard msi b350m gaming pro, amd ryzen 5 1400, 1 corsair ven... 8gb 2400mhz, msi gtx 1050 ti. It also doesn’t post. Did anybody fixed it?? I need help...

• 2 weeks later...

I had this exact same problem. It was very frustrating, the solution now I know the answer is fairly straight forward, if you refer to your manual you will see for the bios to function via keyboard and mouse only specific usb ports will work. In the case of my MSI X370 it was the top left for the keyboard and 3rd row right for the mouse. Pressing "Delete" on the keyboard on start up will enter Bios mode.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys for real... what's the deal with this??
I have a 1500X, B350M Gaming Pro, Corsair Vengeance 1*8GB 2400MHz. I bought this build for a friend in October 2017, built it all, updated bios same day I got it, booted alight, installed windows, tried overclocking, didn't quite like it, removed the overclock, installed some games, stress tested the machine, benchmarked it, made videos of all of that, and delivered the device to the friend.
A couple of weeks ago the poor friend shows up, Yo Bool.. the device just wouldn't work!! Mind checking it out for me? And I faced the very same exact shit that everyone up there mentioned.

And of course I've tried all the simple stuff, connections, cmos, boring.. nothing worked.. and I legit cannot return any of this stuff to amazon.. cause it's been over a month, return window is closed.. and I don't think AMD has any retailers around!! WTFFFF IS GOING ON!!! 

Please for FCUKS SAKE!! Anyone got solutions or answers??? over 20 people already reported this over the past year, and no fcking answers.......

There's a link to a Playlist I made on YouTube showing all this stuff.. 

based on a quick google ( i trust that you guys may have done the same)

Ram seems to be the issue? ram that isnt in the qvl compatibility list for ryzen maybe causing the issue

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3491537/strange-boot-post-issues-ryzen-build.html

in this link he replaced the board and ram from products that are compaitible with ryzen.

Also ram speed could be a factor. i noticed some of the posts you guys were rocking speeds of like 3200mhz.

I would check the speed compatibility with the CPU as the R5 1600 only supports up to 2666mhz

https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen/amd-ryzen-5/amd-ryzen-5-1600

just my make observation.

• 3 weeks later...

I had this issue recently and what it turned out to be was the case I was using was shorting out the b350m motherboard causing the cpu to not be detected. When I removed the components and tested them they worked and they also worked in a different case. 

• 1 month later...

So many people reporting this issue and no reply from LTT. Even I had this problem, not only once but twice, had to send it for RMA both the times. But, now the machine is working fine. I don't know what was causing the problem, but the seller advised me to install a Liquid Cooler, so I did that. But, to me it appears that these problems are mostly because of small form factor cases and cheap cases. My build includes:-

1. AMD Ryzen 5 1600(stock-3.2Ghz)

2. MSI B350M Mortar

3. CoolerMaster 600W PSU(non-modular)

4. (2*8GB) G-Skill 2400mhz ddr4 ram

5. 1TB Seagate hdd

6. CoolerMaster E311 case

7. CoolerMaster 120mm Liquid Cooler RGB(later included, after replacing AMD heatsink).

So many people reporting this issue and no reply from LTT. Even I had this problem, not only once but twice, had to send it for RMA both the times. But, now the machine is working fine. I don't know what was causing the problem, but the seller advised me to install a Liquid Cooler, so I did that. But, to me it appears that these problems are mostly because of small form factor cases and cheap cases. My build includes:-

2. MSI B350M Mortar

5. 1TB Seagate hdd

7. CoolerMaster 120mm Liquid Cooler RGB(later included, after replacing AMD heatsink).

2. MSI B350M Mortar

5. 1TB Seagate hdd

• 2 weeks later...

My ryzen build just failed properly. R5 1600 , msi b350 pro vdh mobo, 620w seasonic s12ii psu, gtx 960 2gb. It began with just a random restart here and there, now it never boots! As soon as it gets off the msi splash screen it just restarts, again and again. I'm really disapointed in amd or the mobo makers, cause this is just ridiculous! 6 MONTHS and the WHOLE system is basically dead. RMAing the mobo and processor over the next few weeks, will update what's the problem. How is this not affecting AMD at all?

PS.: I do feel kind of betrayed. Coming off 2 intel builds, it's the first one I've bought with my own money and this is the fastest breaking system I have ever had. It's really sad.

Well since you don't know yet which part is defective its hard to see questioning AMD and considering they are moving at a rapid pace to provide competition and price to performance options I'd wait to make a bold statement that they are letting anybody down Intel has been doing that for years with their pricing schemes so lets see how it plays out first