Ryzen 5 1600 Won't Boot

NORD_Jeffy
Go to solution Solved by NORD_Jeffy,
20 minutes ago, mrbilky said:

How about cmos being reset wouldn't put it past a seller to repackage a returned mother board with a fault in the bios from a previous owner example being an overclock profile that is not posting for your cpu?

i have had the battery out quite a few times to no luck, also the seller is very highly rated here in denmark so i don't think they would do that 

i'm going to send it in so they can look at it. right now i rebuilt my old system and using that for the time being.

Hi i just got my ryzen 5 1600 and my msi B350M and 16gb of ddr4 ram, but the system wont boot i can't seem to find out why the only clue i got is the 4 leds on the mobo were only the cpu one lights up (means that something is wrong) but no matter what i do i can't find anyting online on how to fix it. i think it might be the older bois but other ryzen 5's did not need a update to boot on the older versions 

any help would be appreciated

(and yes i am using my gpu for monitor output)

4 minutes ago, NORD_Jeffy said:

Hi i just got my ryzen 5 1600 and my msi B350M and 16gb of ddr4 ram, but the system wont boot i can't seem to find out why the only clue i got is the 4 leds on the mobo were only the cpu one lights up (means that something is wrong) but no matter what i do i can't find anyting online on how to fix it. i think it might be the older bois but other ryzen 5's did not need a update to boot on the older versions 

Try reseating The GPU,CPU,Ram,or other PCI,PCI-e expansion cards

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

5 minutes ago, NORD_Jeffy said:

check if the cpu power and mobo power is plugged in properly

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

Try unpluggig GPU and use IGPU for bootup.

CPU power connected in the motherboard?

1 hour ago, NORD_Jeffy said:

Usually the B350 Motherboards should support R5,if its msi it should support (what i know by other builds using R5 and b350M)

1 hour ago, MVPernula said:

He's Using a AMD CPU not Intel

2 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

ryzen don't have Igpu so i can't do that and yes the 8 pin plug is plugged in

1 minute ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Usually the B350 Motherboards should support R5,if its msi it should support (what i know by other builds using R5 and b350M)

they do, as I am running a 1600 on a B350 Mortar with no problems (except RAM won't go at 3200MHz)

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

Can you get to the bios at all or does nothing happen at all 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

Just now, jjohnthedon1 said:

Can you get to the bios at all or does nothing happen at all 

no nothing it doest not even go into a reboot 

Just now, NORD_Jeffy said:

no nothing it doest not even go into a reboot 

So you have just put it together and nothing is powering on ? 

also (1600) 

Just now, jjohnthedon1 said:

So you have just put it together and nothing is powering on ? 

yes put everything is powering on, just wont boot into the bois

26 minutes ago, NORD_Jeffy said:

yes put everything is powering on, just wont boot into the bois

16 pin motherboard plug go to me on my first build it wasn't In correct

sn you lost your specs and post some pictures of you build please 

also (1600) 

17 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

16 pin motherboard plug go to me on my first build it wasn't In correct

sn you lost your specs and post some pictures of you build please 

Fil_000 (2).jpeg

Fil_001.jpeg

and btw this is not my first build ,it's an upgrade from a intel system so i know that both gpu and power supply are working

3 minutes ago, NORD_Jeffy said:

and btw this is not my first build ,it's an upgrade from a intel system so i know that both gpu and power supply are working

Cpu dead then maby mate ? 

Do the fans spin up or anything 

also when you get it running you need to do a fresh install of windows because I had all kinds of problems 

also (1600) 

14 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Cpu dead then maby mate ? 

Do the fans spin up or anything 

also when you get it running you need to do a fresh install of windows because I had all kinds of problems 

yes all fans spin up

maybe the cpu is just doa then

(thx i will keep that in mind)

make sure that your front panel i/o is connected according to your MB diagram. Ryzen has a thing with certain ram, some simply will not start. make sure your ram is listed on your MB compatibility list. make sure every connector is firmly seated. seat 1 stick of ram in one slot and try to start, if you fail try the other slot, then repeat with the other stick.

1 minute ago, Conan1600 said:

make sure that your front panel i/o is connected according to your MB diagram. Ryzen has a thing with certain ram. simply will not start. make sure your ram is listed on your MB compatibility list. make sure every connector is firmly seated seat 1 stick of ram in one slot and try to start, if you fail try the other slot, then repeat with the other stick.

i have tried all of that stuff, and the ram is Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz so it's should be working just fine

How about cmos being reset wouldn't put it past a seller to repackage a returned mother board with a fault in the bios from a previous owner example being an overclock profile that is not posting for your cpu?

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

20 minutes ago, mrbilky said:

i have had the battery out quite a few times to no luck, also the seller is very highly rated here in denmark so i don't think they would do that 

i'm going to send it in so they can look at it. right now i rebuilt my old system and using that for the time being.

2 hours ago, NORD_Jeffy said:

I am having the same problem :(. 

Same here :( want to fix it myself because i dont want to deal with RMA... 

Me too. R5 1600 and corsair 2x8gb at 3200 wont boot.

Help please..

I'm running almost an identical build with the same exact problem. Any luck? I've reseated everything a few times, gone through all standard troubleshooting and compatibility checks as well.

It's a bit of a bummer running into this kind of wall with a new build!

Having the same issue! Powers on, CPU debug light, no post, tried the same things.

Just sent a support ticket to MSI...

MSI B350M GAMING PRO (mATX)

Ryzen 5 1600x - Corsair h60 (water-cooled)

16gb g.skill f43200C 16D-16GVGB (COMPATIBLE according to MSI website)

1080TI founders edition

Wondering if bios update is necessary, judging by their bios notes, 2.5 says Ryzen 5 support.