PG279QR vs PG278QR

COTG

Title says it all...

Considering the more hefty price of the PG279QR, is it worth it over the PG278QR.

Does anyone have both monitors and can comment on colour difference and how far you can turn the PG278QR before inaccuracy occurs?

Monitor will be used mainly for gaming, but also occasional editing.

The only reason I am considering the PG278QR is because I am afraid of BLB and IPS glow on the PG279QR and am not able to exchange the monitor after purchase, at least not without paying around 100$ fee, and therefore do not know if it is worth taking the risk many amazon reviews have described. 

Here are the amazon links to both monitors:

https://www.amazon.com/PG279Q-2560x1440-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01N4ENDXR/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/PG278QR-G-SYNC-Gaming-Screen-Monitor/dp/B01N4ENDXR/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1492850031&sr=1-1&keywords=asus+pg278q

Thanks in advance guys!

• 2 weeks later...

I think their is confusion here. The PG279Q is out. I believe a PG279QR may be in the works but hard to say. As far as IPS glow and BLB goes that is really a coin toss on weather you get that or not. No matter what you'll have some kind of IPS glow, the question is how much does it bother you. Everyone's interpretation of an issue is very different. Some people are bothered by certain aspects while others wouldn't even notice it. Between the IPS and TN versions they both are great monitors. If ASUS ends up making a PG279QR version that's what I would wait for. The day you have a great IPS monitor 1440p 144-165hz with a 1-2ms response time, and great levels for input lag, boy oh boy that will sell like hotcakes. By today's standards I would stay away from 4k resolutions wait a while for that product line to develop. Good line of thought on those monitors!

• 4 weeks later...

The color on the pg278qr is great. Save yourself 100-200 $. 

Amazon just had a sale o the qr.

they both have had some issues with dead pixels though.  

I went through three just to jut to get one with no bright dots. 

Yo soy el hombre murciélago