Physical Video Rental

yathis
Just now, yathis said:

Where is that?

Take a guess. Our country is at junk status, because we have a stupid president...

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.1b4e167b0dd26612c7d2dbc2cd9963f9.PNG

Just now, Factory OC said:

Take a guess. Our country is at junk status, because we have a stupid president...

Reveal hidden contents

Capture.PNG.1b4e167b0dd26612c7d2dbc2cd9963f9.PNG

Nigeria?

Just now, yathis said:

Nigeria?

Nope, you can click the spoiler...

2 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

Nope, you can click the spoiler...

Why?

Just now, yathis said:

Why?

The answer is inside:)

We have a local franchise that still has both it's locations open in my town. One weekend, just for nostalgia's sake, me and my wife took our kid to the same one we used to go to growing up. It was even more full of people than when I used to go and they had all the new releases still. 

On 4/21/2017 at 11:42 PM, yathis said:

Saw one today, immigrant corner convenience store, 1/3 to 1/4 of the floor space dedicated to what looked like bluray. Its in a middle-to-high income neighborhood, but on the outskirts of town with a lot of ranch houses and ranches nearby, also horses lots and lots of cow-boy/girls around.

I have never seen one in this day in age. Never.

Have any of you seen any?

WTH. Go out of my house to rent a movie? Or anything else for that matter? i grocery shop online! I found my Fiancee online! I order takeout food to be delivered online! I sell my wares online!

Seriously i am old enough to have seen many rental shops lol. In fact the rentals shops had VCR and even a few beta in my day :P 

Around Dallas we have "Family Video," and it's in some other states, too. Nice store. They rent movies, kids movies for free (yes, free!,) video games, everything.

I used to be quite active here.

I have a PS4 which I can use as a blu-ray player. I guess it kinda sucks that movie rental places dont really exist anymore. But I suppose if I cant find it on netflix, I can maybe find it on Google play and if I cant find it on Google play, maybe it'd be on amazon or something. But in that case I doubt it'd be at a movie rental place either.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

4 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I have a PS4 which I can use as a blu-ray player. I guess it kinda sucks that movie rental places dont really exist anymore. But I suppose if I cant find it on netflix, I can maybe find it on Google play and if I cant find it on Google play, maybe it'd be on amazon or something. But in that case I doubt it'd be at a movie rental place either.

Pretty much most popular (not obscure or really old) movies are gonna be on Amazon, Google/YouTube, or iTunes.

With that in mind, as I mentioned to another user, check your local Library... you might be surprised at their collection (though probably little or no Blu-Ray).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Pretty much most popular (not obscure or really old) movies are gonna be on Amazon, Google/YouTube, or iTunes.

With that in mind, as I mentioned to another user, check your local Library... you might be surprised at their collection (though probably little or no Blu-Ray).

Really old movies, like 50s movies that may have been minor or not huge successes will likely be hard to find in stores and online, probably easier online tbh.

Netflix for the most part I noticed, doesn't really keep older movies available for streaming all the time. They sometimes rotate. Kinda interesting, kinda sad the format is sort of dying. Between the fact that the content just isnt as good but the trend towards shorter and shorter duration.

6 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Redbox machines are at both the Publix and Walmart close by me. 

Actual rental stores though, no. 

Fun fact, my store doesnt have a redbox. Has this instaflix shit, always broken af and like idk why we dont just have a redbox. 

Also a lot of our customers use TCF and we dont have a TCF atm just some sort of "generic" atm. I use a different bank, but still. 

Game rental I'd do because they are so damn expensive. Then I'd learn how to pirate it for my own interests.

On 23/04/2017 at 5:27 PM, wcreek said:

Really old movies, like 50s movies that may have been minor or not huge successes will likely be hard to find in stores and online, probably easier online tbh.

Netflix for the most part I noticed, doesn't really keep older movies available for streaming all the time. They sometimes rotate. Kinda interesting, kinda sad the format is sort of dying. Between the fact that the content just isnt as good but the trend towards shorter and shorter duration.

Netflix rotates their collections frequently. Older titles (And by "older", I mean like 50's, 60's, 70's) don't make Netflix a lot of money, and still take up the same amount of bandwidth as a newer title (depending on specific compression, etc).

They even cycle out newer movies frequently too. It has a lot to do with Studio Licensing Deals, too, and not just their preference for constantly new and changing content.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

We still have one in my town of 10,000 people (used to have 3 at one point) they closed their 2nd location and then later moved onto a side road probably because rent is cheaper. Haven't been in their "new" location yet even though they moved a few years back.

Personal Rig:

CPU: i7-11700K  | Mobo: MSI Z490-A PRO | RAM: 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB = 16 GB  | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 Strix (I know I need to upgrade) | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB, WD Blue 1 TB, WD Red 2 TB, and WD Red 4 TB | Case: Enermax Ostrog Black and White | PSU: EVGA 750GT 80+G | Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S in Push/Pull with Black Noctua Industrial Fans, 2 120mm Noctua Chromax Fans, and Corsair AF120 on the side panel | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 32" Samsung (of somesorts) 1920 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Mouse: Logitech M705 | Keyboard: Logitech K350 | Random: 90mm of CableMod RGB Magnetic Strips | OS: Win 11 Education x64 

32" Samsung CF397 1920 x 1080

Linux/test Box:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  | Mobo: ASRock AB350M mATX | RAM: 2x Crucial 8 GB DDR4 = 16 GB | GPU: Asus GT 1030 | Storage: Sandisk SSD Plus 120 GB, Samsung 970 Evo 256GB SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate IronWolf NAS Drives  | Case: Cooler Master N200 mATX | PSU: EVGA 400W | Cooling: Stock Cooler and 3x Cooler Master 120mm Fans | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 34" LG 43WL500-B 2560 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Keyboard: Logitech K270 | Mouse: Logitech M185  | OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Windows 10 Pro x64

13" Macbook Air M1:

CPU: Apple M1 8-Core and 7-Core "GPU"  | RAM: 8 GB DDR4  | Storage: 256 GB | Display: 2560 x1600 Retina Display | Mouse: Built-in trackpad and Logitech M557 | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: MacOS Monterey

Laptop (Acer Pedator Helios 300 2017 edition) (Don't use as much anymore since graduating college and mostly using my Macbook and HP Elitebook for Work):

CPU: i7-7700HQ  | RAM: 16 GB DDR4  | GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB | Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB SSD and Seagate 1 TB Firecuda | Display: Acer IPS 15.6" 1920 x 1080 Display | Mouse: Logitech M557 and built-in trackpad (never use lol) | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: Windows 11 Pro x64

Home Theater Setup

Computer: M1 Mac Mini w/8GB RAM and 256 of Storage (plus a external 500GB Samsung T7 for Plex) | TV:LG 4K - 55" UQ9000 LED | Speakers: Sonos Ray and 2 Sonos One SLs for Rear Surround | Media Box: Apple TV 4K | Consoles: Xbox Series S and Nintendo Switch | Mouse/Keyboard: Logitech K400 | HDHomerun Flex 4K and HDHomerun Flex Duo

Other Devices I use:

Phone: iPhone 13 Mini 128GB  | Tablet: iPad Mini 5 64GB LTE | Earbuds: Airpods 3 | Watch: Apple Watch SE 44mm