Help with case fan

I have a T2 Zalman Case mini and I don't think my case fan can connect to my Am4 Motherboard Gaming Pro. The case fan has only 3 inserts and I don't see anywhere on my motherboard.

1 minute ago, Banish72 said:

I have a T2 Zalman Case mini and I don't think my case fan can connect to my Am4 Motherboard Gaming Pro. The case fan has only 3 inserts and I don't see anywhere on my motherboard.

Link for the motherboard? Are you trying to connect the fans to the motherboard or a controller on the case?
If you're talking about the pin count, You can plug a 3 pin fan into a 4 pin header, you just won't have PWM.

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

I won't have Power? It's a case fan I'm trying to connect it to my motherboard

1 minute ago, W-L said:

If you only have 4 pin headers you can plug 3 pin fans onto the header.

4pin.jpg

Oh ok thank you

Just now, Banish72 said:

Oh ok thank you

Just make sure the header is setup as DC voltage control, if it's on 4 pin PWM the fans will only run at full speed without control.

How would I set that up? Would I have to go to the BIOS for that?

Just now, Banish72 said:

How would I set that up? Would I have to go to the BIOS for that?

@W-L

14 minutes ago, Banish72 said:

@W-L and for the CPU Power do I have to connect both or just one?

It would be within the BIOS or fan control software that comes with the motherboard, for the 4+4 pin CPU (EPS) it needs both connected. 

Oh alright then thank you so much. Would there be a place you can direct me to see how to do it. Sorry I'm new to building

Just now, Banish72 said:

Oh alright then thank you so much. Would there be a place you can direct me to see how to do it. Sorry I'm new to building

@W-L

1 hour ago, Banish72 said:

Press the Delete key when booting up the system to enter the bios.

If you want a quick guide to put up while you're building:

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Press the Delete key when booting up the system to enter the bios.

If you want a quick guide to put up while you're building:

I'm using a used hard drive but I didn't clean anything on it.

Just now, Banish72 said:

I'm using a used hard drive but I didn't clean anything on it.

What's on the drive? If you're installing an OS onto the drive, there should be an option to wipe it during installation.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, Banish72 said:

It doesn't really matter what is on the hard drive

Why bring it up if you didn't think it mattered?

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Why bring it up if you didn't think it mattered?

@WoodenMarker don't I have to erase everything on that hard drive in order for the light on the motherboard to turn off?

Just now, Banish72 said:

@WoodenMarker don't I have to erase everything on that hard drive in order for the light on the motherboard to turn off?

What light are you referring to?

The data on the drive shouldn't make any difference to how your motherboard lights up. If you want to change the lighting, go into your motherboard settings.

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What light are you referring to?

The data on the drive shouldn't make any difference to how your motherboard lights up. If you want to change the lighting, go into your motherboard settings.

I can't even go into my motherboard setting /BIOS :(

17 hours ago, Banish72 said:

I can't even go into my motherboard setting /BIOS :(

Why not?

40 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Why not?

I got help and my computer works fine now :).