ok so i have an asus crosshair6 hero i have the latest bios update (1002). i am unable to monitor cpu temps thru, ai suit 3, nzxt cam, or ryzen master. i can see mobo, gpu and vrams temp perfectly but no cpu temps as if the cpu was at freezing temperatures ( 0C, 32F). ive tried to do some research i but cant seem to find a solid find that would clearly say how to fix this little problem. i sure i wouldn't have any problems considering that my cpu and gpus are water cooled but it would be nice to know every temp. i could get one of those thermometer g1/4 plugs for my res but that would be during desperate times. so if anyone knows of a way i could fix my little issue please do not hesitate on giving me any possible solutions.  thanks

HWMonitor or CPU-Z?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

use HW monitor 

just downloaded it. still nothing. its not reading temps. before i started to do any research, i went to bios to make sure that the monitor was even on and it is enabled. i dont know what else to

2 minutes ago, venomzeo said:

just downloaded it. still nothing. its not reading temps. before i started to do any research, i went to bios to make sure that the monitor was even on and it is enabled. i dont know what else to

That is very strange... Researching problems like this now.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

i should mention that the bios itself is unable to read cpu temps at all either

Eh? That is odd, could we see a screenshot of HW Monitor? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

@venomzeo Crosshair user here. 1st of all 1002 is not the latest bios, they take awhile to reach the product support page.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91766-Crosshair-VI-Hero-UEFI-build-0079-0081-0082-0083

Get 0082 from here it contains the latest AMD AGESA micro code.

Monitor temps in ryzen master it is most accurate. Failing that Hwinfo64 is great and updated for Ryzen. I've had issues with HW monitor reporting incorrect voltage.

Lastly if all of the above fails go in the bios -> tweakers paradise -> sensemi skew -> disabled.

EDIT: HWinfo64

https://www.fosshub.com/HWiNFO.html/hw64_550.zip

hold on guys tried to figure this out sorry lol

6 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

@venomzeo Crosshair user here. 1st of all 1002 is not the latest bios, they take awhile to reach the product support page.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91766-Crosshair-VI-Hero-UEFI-build-0079-0081-0082-0083

Get 0082 from here it contains the latest AMD AGESA micro code.

Monitor temps in ryzen master it is most accurate. Failing that Hwinfo64 is great and updated for Ryzen. I've had issues with HW monitor reporting incorrect voltage.

Lastly if all of the above fails go in the bios -> tweakers paradise -> sensemi skew -> disabled.

ill keep tat in mind. updating bios right now. brb

ok well i didnt update the bios yet cus i saw it was still a test update so i honestly didnt want to take a chance but i went along and dsiabled sense MI any ways and still nothing.

3 minutes ago, venomzeo said:

ok well i didnt update the bios yet cus i saw it was still a test update so i honestly didnt want to take a chance but i went along and dsiabled sense MI any ways and still nothing.

Strange...Does ryzen master or hwinfo give anything?

Btw yes its a beta bios but its provided by asus staff so dw. im using 0082 its a lot better than 1002 for stability as it has an AMD microcode update. I've used all bios revisions since launch.

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

Strange...Does ryzen master or hwinfo give anything?

Btw yes its a beta bios but its provided by asus staff so dw. im using 0082 its a lot better than 1002 for stability as it has an AMD microcode update. I've used all bios revisions since launch.

nothing