Call for Coders 2017

Cool opportunity!

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

Very curious as to what this is about... w/o watching the video! (Can't currently watch YT)

Wish I knew how to code now :(

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Wait... Can US citizens work in Canada? 

EDIT wait... I don't know js.. 

Just now, legacy99 said:

NodeJS is a good place to start tbh (amongst others)

Obviously you'd be out of your depth here, but if you wanna learn, learn ;)  

Damn, if only I didn't still have a year of my degree left I'd apply for this, also the fact I'd need better javascript skills, which isn't my forte...

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Extremely cool opportunity. I don't have the knowledge right now and am still at school, but do know a fair bit of Javascript so I won't apply now. Yet I will still consider it for the future, :)

As a junior front-end developer i would like to contribute to this project, but not at the level of a full time job. If you want to use me (and im sure there are others) you could implement some sort of crowd sourcing system for smaller things that you need done!

I do have some experience working with a full MEAN stack, both back and frontend!

will there be api available?

I want to try to make client for windows 10 pc's, tablets and phones

I know a bit about universal windows platform development, created simple league of legends companion app with json and http requests. Can I help?

I only have some experience in Web design i would like to QC or Alphatest the new version of Floatplane. I love to poke around things and find out about a things, and sometimes it can be helpful to have the thoughts of someone who isnt a software engineer.

Seems like a great idea.

Is there any need for a penetration tester?

(If one is needed, I'm up for anything. Email: hello@mibmab.dk)

Edited by MibMab

1 minute ago, MibMab said:

Seems like a great idea.

Is there any need for a penetration tester?

probably in a later stage

This is going to be super awesome!
I would absolutely love to be a part of this. Are you planning on making this platform OpenSource and building it as a community? In my experience that could really benefit the project.

28 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

same

now look at this net

Why did you choose to go with NodeJS as the back-end? Seems a bit odd if you're going to make anything somewhat large?
Also, why not make it open source and have the community contribute to it? 

I'm a sad .NET cat atm :(

sadcatsmall.jpg

Hi guys,

software guy here ( 10 years in the field...).

You should also look into remote devs, since this project when scaling will require more then 1-2 guys working on it.

I am currently not able to relocate but willing to give advice / tips from my years in building high availability/scaling infrastructures :)

4 minutes ago, XORYOUYOU said:

Hi guys,

software guy here ( 10 years in the field...).

You should also look into remote devs, since this project when scaling will require more then 1-2 guys working on it.

I am currently not able to relocate but willing to give advice / tips from my years in building high availability/scaling infrastructures :)

There's a guy in sweden (as quoted in the video), so remote development is definitely most likely an option.

Edited by MibMab

Just now, MibMab said:

There's a guy in sweden (as quoted in the video), so remote development is definitely an option.

Thanks for the info, havent seen to video ( on the train ).

Then I hopefully get contacted, since my dayjob is building nodejs backends for international companies :)

This was enough for me to make an account!

I've put my application through via the form as I've, admittedly recently, began to develop a myriad of interfaces on NodeJS using Amazon Web Services: Lambda, API Gateway and S3. I currently work in an office where we've been using Agile development for about a year and a half now too. This is perfect for me! (I'm not going to list all of my skills here, I won't bore you all)

My only concern is that I won't be considered as I'm unable to relocate to Canada whereas the video did imply it was a potential global opportunity

This looks like an amazing opportunity!

I am currently signed up for node classes next year and know some javascript already. I don't think I would be able to help out that much yet, but in the future, it could definitely be a possibility. (Also, as I am located in BC if I do apply later I would be able to relocate relatively easily.)