Make my current list for a build better!

I haven't bought any of this yet and I've never built a PC before. None of this is Final and I am very open to suggestions to make this build better!

(I had the Image to go off of)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor ($217.89 @ Outlet PC)

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 ($98.88 @ OutletPC)

Memory: Team T-Force / NightHawk 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4-3000 ($105.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: SK Hynix SL308 120GB 2.5” SSD ($49.33 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5” 7200RPM Hard Drive ($49.89 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 FTW (I don’t know which one) ($100, Buying from a friend)

Case: Corsair: Silent Suggestions?

Power Supply: I don’t have one, I just don’t want the fan to spin often.

AMD Build to go off of.png

You could cut $80 of the list then since you're getting the 970.

You could spend that maybe on a Define R5 or Define S? They're pretty quiet. 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

That's a pretty shitty SSD, get a better one. Same with the RAM. As long as you get them from a reputable company, you'll be fine. For the SSD, get something like a 750 or 850 evo? For the RAM, go corsair, or g.skill. Other than that, looks pretty good

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

the total Price at the moment is around $720 USD

Are you going to use the stock cooler? Since that might not be a good idea

Just now, Ryhann said:

Forgot about the cooler.

Quote people if you want them to respond. Also, if you're already at your budget, just use the stock cooler. The Ryzen stock cooler is actually pretty kickass

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Honestly no problems I see are the ram, ssd, and you can upgrade to a rx 580 possibly in that build and be set 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($217.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($102.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($113.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SK hynix SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($80.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($100.00) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($88.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $832.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-21 12:28 EDT-0400

Just now, N1ghtshade said:

Quote people if you want them to respond. Also, if you're already at your budget, just use the stock cooler. The Ryzen stock cooler is actually pretty kickass

Thanks! I don't know too much about coolers and I'm new to the site. I think I'll just stick with the stock cooler for now, I just want my rig to be able to handle Triple A games and be able to edit and record video.

6 minutes ago, Ryhann said:

$800 USD

Motherboard: ASRock AB350M-HDV Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Team T-Force / Night Hawk 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($105.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA SU800  128GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($48.98 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR OC Video Card  ($229.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Xion XON-310_BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($22.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.90 @ Newegg) 
Total: $790.62

7 minutes ago, Haeking said:

Are you going to use the stock cooler? Since that might not be a good idea

Forgot about the cooler.

Unlike Intel's the new AMDwraith spire stock cooler is surprisingly good! it is a 95W TDP cooler and can handle mild overclocks. I got around 1.3V 3.8GHz stable using the stock cooler and my 1700.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Motherboard: ASRock AB350M-HDV Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Team T-Force / Night Hawk 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($105.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA SU800  128GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($48.98 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR OC Video Card  ($229.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Xion XON-310_BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($22.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.90 @ Newegg) 
Total: $790.62

mine $50 more with double storage capacity, better ryzen friendly RAM. beautiful case and a solid PSU.

You also didnt use the 970 he said he is buying which is a good deal at $100. Pays to read the OP :P

Thanks! I don't know too much about coolers and I'm new to the site. I think I'll just stick with the stock cooler for now, I just want my rig to be able to handle Triple A games and be able to edit and record video.

Np! And if you need help on coolers, just PM me or someone else on the site. We're all happy to help! And sticking with the stock cooler is actually a good idea, seeing as it's free, plus the Ryzen stock cooler does the job pretty well tbh. And well if you want triple A, the 970 will do just fine, but you're gonna have to play on medium-ish settings.

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Unlike intel the new wraith spire stock cooler is surprisingly good! it is a 95W TDP cooler and can handle mild overclocks. I got around 1.3V 3.8GHz stable using the stock cooler and my 1700.

Your 1700 is using wraith max which is much better than wraith spire 

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Your 1700 is using wraith max which is much better than wraith spire 

no it isnt? want a picture? The only difference is mine is the rgb spire which ships with the 1700 only.

EDIT: Sorry for the cancerous water mark i just grabbed this real fast. The wraith max isn't available yet as far as I know. So if you buy a 1600X, 1700X or 1800X you get no cooler with it.

20114336398l.png

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

mine $50 more with double storage capacity, better ryzen friendly RAM. beautiful case and a solid PSU.

You also didnt use the 970 he said he is buying which is a good deal at $100. Pays to read the OP :P

A gtx 970 is not gonna handle all AAA game maxes despite being cheap

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

no it isnt? want a picture? The only difference is mine is the rgb spire which ships with the 1700 only.

Nvm me then

1 minute ago, N1ghtshade said:

Np! And if you need help on coolers, just PM me or someone else on the site. We're all happy to help! And sticking with the stock cooler is actually a good idea, seeing as it's free, plus the Ryzen stock cooler does the job pretty well tbh. And well if you want triple A, the 570 will do just fine, but you're gonna have to play on medium-ish settings.

Playing games on medium is fine with me, my two current computers are an HP notebook 15 and a Gateway desktop from like 2009. Games look fine on those since I only (usually) play source games, TF2 and GMod.

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

A gtx 970 is not gonna handle all AAA game maxes despite being cheap

Still it was a request by the OP and it will do fine. He may have to play on high not ultra in some games sure but a 970 for $100 is a steal.

EDIT: Above post says he is satisfied by medium or above so definitely 970

Just now, Ryhann said:

Playing games on medium is fine with me, my two current computers are an HP notebook 15 and a Gateway desktop from like 2009. Games look fine on those since I only (usually) play source games, TF2 and GMod.

Yup, there's nothing wrong with playing on medium. That's how I played for years. And ahh, source games. Games like TF2 and CS:GO truly showcase how well Valve optimizes their games. You could run those on a toaster (well not GMod, that game craves CPU power like lifeblood haha :P).

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

2 minutes ago, Ryhann said:

Don't think you commented on my build. Best use of your funds imo, hope you saw it :)