Web Hosting

Rahi Khan

where is this site linustechtips.com hosted?
on a personal web server or other paid dedicated servers? 

Probably not on a personal web server. I can't find where it is hosted because they are using cloudflare.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

well i think a personal server would've been better than paid servers

And why do you think that? You would need at least a gigabit connection. Redundant servers. And it will cost a lot of time to maintain.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

48 minutes ago, Rahi Khan said:

well i think a personal server would've been better than paid servers

If you're asking if it is hosted inside of the LMG headquarters: it's not. If I remember correctly it is hosted somewhere in the US even.

While you may have your reasons to think hosting it in house is better, it does mean the site would be off whenever they personally have no power/no internet.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

not if the place u live counters load shedding and has 24/7 internet connection. 

16 hours ago, Rahi Khan said:

not if the place u live counters load shedding and has 24/7 internet connection. 

They don't though

They had the forum hosted in 'the office' ( which I'm talking about the old house office) and don't anymore, probably for good reasons.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

6 hours ago, Minibois said:

They don't though

They had the forum hosted in 'the office' ( which I'm talking about the old house office) and don't anymore, probably for good reasons.

Not even old house office. It was back when they were at Linus' garage. It was relocated to real hosting company before they moved to house office.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv