Experiences with AM4 and Ryzen 1700 so far

Ok, this is just a post about my experiences with the AM4 platform, and in particular using the Ryzen 1700 CPU and an ASrock AB350M motherboard, together with using Corsair LPX 3000Mhz DDR4 RAM.

This is the first AM4 build I have done so far, trying to get hold of the particular board I wanted was like trying to find rocking horse shit, lol. So far I am loving it, very easy to use, didn't need to consult the manual for anything as it was all very straight forward. Yes I am an experienced user, but I can't think of anyone that couldn't build a system like this if they use common sense TBH, the only things I have changed in the BIOS are:-

1. CPU frequency
  2. Fan profiles
  3. updated BIOS version to latest, using USB stick with BIOS in the root directory... but it scans the entire USB stick anyway for supported files I noticed, so very easy to use indeed.
  4. I had the ethernet drivers already on a USB stick, but just for fun decided to run the ASrock driver installation tool, very painless operation, it downloads the ethernet driver to wherever you select.
  5. Turned on virtualization, if you're not planning on running VMs then you don't need to do this step.
  6. I tried to run the RAM in XMP profile, but it didn't take and reverted to being 2133Mhz for now. Will try again later when I have more time.
  7. That's it.

Yeah, so basically the entire thing was a total joy to do. The motherboard in general is just what I needed, 2 * m.2 drive ports, 1 which is pci-e and 1 which is SATA. If you use the SATA m.2 port then that only leaves 2 SATA ports that you can use, but is fine for my uses. The mounting system for the stock heatsink and fan is a nice touch, just unscrew the mounting brackets and attach the heatsink and fan assembly, obviously use thermal paste on the CPU first, but very straight forward and no guesswork about how much force to use on the screws, it will only go as far as you can tighten it using a screwdriver. The LED light on the fan assembly is a pretty nice touch and the software (available from the ASrock store) is easy to use in windows. I like the GPU retention clip too, as it's a sliding one, so easy to get to and use. I am only using an old AMD 7790 GPU at the moment, I don't game much on the PC, so it's fine for what I need right now. I might update to a better one in a month or 2, but for now it's fine. I would've liked to at least see more PWM fan headers, this one has 2 PWM fan headers and 1 that is 3 or 4 pin and it auto detects (haven't tested this)... at the moment though I am using just the CPU header to attach my PWM fan hub from thermaltake, this supports upto 10 PWM fans and is pretty good. From there I have my AMD fan plugged into it and also my front 200mm fan... I have the fan profile set to custom settings to change with the temp of the CPU, this is a must for me as I like my PCs quiet. At the moment I am running a VM of windows on 4 threads, and my host OS is ubuntu 17.04 MATE, and is sitting at approx 28C, so approx 8-10C above ambient. The whole installation took me approx 20 mins, but I was only swapping in this m-ATX board, with the CPU, RAM,m.2 drive and GPU on it, into my system that I had been using previously with an i7 6700k. After installing the hardware I booted into the BIOS and did the things explained earlier. The frequency I used for testing was 3600Mhz on the CPU and RAM set to 2133.

I installed windows on a 40GB partition first, as I will only be using it for a few things here and there as I mainly use Ubuntu as my main OS. After installing windows, tweaking settings and installing my favourite programs, I ran some tests and benchmarks. I scored 1562 in multi-threaded test, which is a pretty nice bump to the score of just 1004 for an i7 6700K, that's approximately a 56% increase. After confirming that it was a stable OC, I bumped it up to 3800Mhz @1.3V, tested out as stable and cinebench score came in at 1656, so represents around 65% increase over the i7... not bad for a CPU that cost me around £290, £40 less than the i7 did 8 months ago :)

Anyway, after that I decided to continue on with my installations. I loaded up the ubuntu USB and installed that and my favourite programs and installing windows VM too, for when I need to quickly do some windows tasks and don't want to reboot the system... I only have it using 4 threads at the moment and 8GB of RAM and it runs great for what I need to do. So after installing all the programs, and tweaks, I am almost completely re-installed after around 3 hours or so, but that includes taking some breaks for lunch etc too, so I am happy with that.

All that's left to do now is decide on a final OC amount and try to bump up the RAM frequency.

If I missed something out, let me know and I'll try to remember what I did and when. I hope this might help someone decide whether they should upgrade to a  Ryzen build, or not as the case may be. I now have to decide whether I should sell my i7 6700k and motherboard or keep it to use as an HTPC/NAS system or whatever. Thanks for reading, I welcome constructive criticism ;)

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

can you change the stock coolers RGB in linux?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Oh, I forgot to add that the prices of this system where approx:-

• £290 for Ryzen 1700
  • £82 inc shipping for ASrock AB350M m-ATX motherboard.
  • already had the Corsair 3000Mhz RAM modules (2*8GB)
  • Already had the Crucial M500? M.2 drive.
  • Already had the EVGA 850W Platinum PSU.
  • Already had the Thermaltake Core V21 case.
  • Thermaltake AC-023-AN1NAN-A1 Commander FP Hub for PWM fans approx £15 inc shipping.
  • Already had the AMD Radeon 7790 GPU.
  • Already had assorted extras such as cable ties etc.

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I haven't found out yet, but I very much doubt it. I will have a look and see if I can change it from within the VM of windows though.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Did you maybe play around with NUMA nodes?

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

No, you can't change it in the windows VM, just tried it... didn't think it would, but wanted to be thorough.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

6 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

No, you can't change it in the windows VM, just tried it... didn't think it would, but wanted to be thorough.

a vm has no access to the hosts hardware so I don't know why you tried it.

12 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

someone out there will have to know how to access the hardware. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

5 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

that wont work because it will be controlled through the motherboard somehow. I cant google how RGB is connected but i wonder if the hardware gets detected by lm-sensors

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Did you maybe play around with NUMA nodes?

No I didn't, I am all played out trying stuff ATM to be honest, for the past 2 weeks I was experimenting with using VMs and stuff from within freenas on my test machine and using VNC and ssh to connect to them. It wasn't good enough for me TBH, I don't know if it was freenas that was the problem or if it was me, but the functionality of the VMs wasn't great IMO. I much prefer using VMware, maybe because it is easy enough to use without having to delve too deep, plus it's easier to control from within the HOST OS when you want all the threads for a particular purpose, instead of having to go into the freenas GUI or logout from each individual VM. I am not a very experienced user of VMs if I'm being honest, I just play around with them to see if I can get a certain thing done. I might have a play around with NUMA nodes at some point after a little research, it seems kind of similar to docker to me, but at a more base level, is that correct?

1 minute ago, vorticalbox said:

a vm has no access to the hosts hardware so I don't know why you tried it.

someone out there will have to know how to access the hardware. 

I pretty much knew it wouldn't, but don't like to say no definitively unless I've tried it, takes all of like 20 seconds to install it in the VM and try it so why not, lol.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

48 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

All that's left to do now is decide on a final OC amount and try to bump up the RAM frequency.

you do realize that 95%+ of the people clicking to view this thread will do it just to know how the overclocking process went...including me... :(

we don't care about ''the cpu dropped in the socket and now it boot'' part...we care about '' the ram is unstable at it's XMP profile BUT...'' and ''the CPU won't be stable at 4.0ghz...BUT''...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

you do realize that 95%+ of the people clicking to view this thread will do it just to know how the overclocking process went...including me... :(

I did mention the OC process didn't I? I apologise if you think I left something out. The process of OCing was literally entering the frequency you wanted it to run at, and then changing the vcore voltage (if needed). So for my OC so far it was changing the frequency to 3600 and left the voltage alone, then when I bumped the frequency up to 3800Mhz I changed the voltage to 1.3... I am still going to OC further to see whether the stock heatsink and fan will cope well or not, but at the moment I am still finalizing my OS installations and making sure I haven't left something out.

I will update this thread with my final OC settings, is there anything in particular you wanted to know? I hope I didn't gloss over something, assuming people knew it already, but with the UEFI being so simplistic nowadays it is so easy to do things. Let me know of you want to see something I can arrange screenshots etc, if you want them too :)

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

I have same CPU and ram (in 2x4GB version), but different mobo. I also can't get the ram to higher speeds. With early bios I only got 2400 out of it and DOCP, but with later bios I got 2666 working. I've not played about with manual ram settings to attempt to push further. There is also some risk the 8GB modules are dual rank, which all else being equal will not clock as easily as the single rank modules I have.

What voltage was used at 3600? (I now see it was "stock") On my sample, I could boot at 3.7 1.2V but stability tested only at 3.6 1.2V to be on the safer side. Stock voltage is a little lower than that but I don't recall the exact value.

Similarly I also have a 6700k system, and from what I've seen of Ryzen so far, I see no reason to move away from the 6700k as my main system in the short term. Cinebench is a best case scenario for Ryzen and doesn't represent my daily use cases, but the 1700 does eat through some less stressful distributed computing work.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

3 hours ago, porina said:

I have same CPU and ram (in 2x4GB version), but different mobo. I also can't get the ram to higher speeds. With early bios I only got 2400 out of it and DOCP, but with later bios I got 2666 working. I've not played about with manual ram settings to attempt to push further. There is also some risk the 8GB modules are dual rank, which all else being equal will not clock as easily as the single rank modules I have.

What voltage was used at 3600? (I now see it was "stock") On my sample, I could boot at 3.7 1.2V but stability tested only at 3.6 1.2V to be on the safer side. Stock voltage is a little lower than that but I don't recall the exact value.

Similarly I also have a 6700k system, and from what I've seen of Ryzen so far, I see no reason to move away from the 6700k as my main system in the short term. Cinebench is a best case scenario for Ryzen and doesn't represent my daily use cases, but the 1700 does eat through some less stressful distributed computing work.

IIRC the voltage for 3600 frequency was stock @1.2V I think. I haven't had too much time to have a play around with it yet, just a little benchmarking and testing with a little blu-ray re-code to .mkv sort of thing. I have mostly been using ubuntu, and am still what I would consider a novice user at best, so know a little bit of command line, but mostly still look for a GUI option when I can. I will do some more testing within windows probably tomorrow when I have a bit more time, have been busy today making a system for a client, haven't even had time to put my i7 6700K in another chassis yet, it's sitting on my workbench all forlorn now it's not the top dog, lol  :D

I'd have to do some regular tasks to tell for certain that it beats the i7 by a long margin, but the benchmarks look favourable is all. I will have a play with the RAM settings tomorrow too, I like to test before and after a settings change to see the difference it makes. So far I am happy with it even at 2133Mhz, I'll have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

OK, small update if anyone's interested. Have been doing a bit of tinkering and I easily got the RAM to use 2666Mhz... now the interesting bit is that this benchmarks worse, I previously got to 1656 @2133 and now only scores 1611 @2666, I haven't done any in depth testing yet, so am taking these results as not the be all and end all of the topic. I have been trying to actively monitor the clock speeds and temp, both in windows and linux, and so far it's a bit disappointing to discover that (at least in my findings), only HWinfo64 gives much if any info on the state of the cores in windows, apart from AMD ryzen master utility of course. With linux it's about the same, or a bit worse in some respects... on the one hand you at least have a power governer to use on the CPU frequency scaling monitor, which is available as a panel utility in ubuntu MATE, you can set it to similar governing states like on android phones, such as performance/power save/on demand. By default I was set as power save, which unfortunately made it so that the CPU was set always at 1.55Ghz per core as far as I could see, even when running heavy CPU apps, it wouldn't go above 1.55, and I didn't know this at the time, or about the governer... I found out with quite a bit of head scratching and trial and error. So now I am using on demand instead and at least you can see the CPU is being used fully now in CPU heavy workloads. The only downside is that the CPU temp monitoring is for shit... so use with caution. My temp reading when it's sitting on idle at 1.55Ghz reads approx 28-31C, but even when using heavy CPU load it didn;t go above 35C, and I don't want to push my luck considering that a very similar workload in windows was getting me up into mid 70s to mid 80s. I like to try puching the boudaries, but only whilst staying informed, you might as well try driving blindfolded, lol.

Anyway, sorry for the TL:DR, but wanted to try and give as accurate description as I could.

More testing to come, and hopefully will at least get it to 2933, I have tried 3200 which didn't POST, but interestiingly enough didn't need a CMOS reset, it went to BIOS again after several retries, and still had the 3200mhz settings applied... but the 2933 XMP setting needed a CMOS reset or it just kept boot looping.

If no-ones interested in this, then I'll quit posting about it. Try as I might I cannot get any discussions about ryzen going/decent sharing of ideas going here. Have I missed something in the topics and I just didn't see. I want there to be somewhere where people can share their settings, horror stories even.. and I don't care who has the thread, I am not trying to be THAT guy, I just want some discussion. Please point me in the right direction if this isn't the place.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

11 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

we don't care about ''the cpu dropped in the socket and now it boot'' part...we care about '' the ram is unstable at it's XMP profile BUT...'' and ''the CPU won't be stable at 4.0ghz...BUT''...

I looked to see if he beat my ram oc and what voltage he was using for 4ghz to be fair lol 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

11 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

I did mention the OC process didn't I? I apologise if you think I left something out. The process of OCing was literally entering the frequency you wanted it to run at, and then changing the vcore voltage (if needed). So for my OC so far it was changing the frequency to 3600 and left the voltage alone, then when I bumped the frequency up to 3800Mhz I changed the voltage to 1.3... I am still going to OC further to see whether the stock heatsink and fan will cope well or not, but at the moment I am still finalizing my OS installations and making sure I haven't left something out.

I will update this thread with my final OC settings, is there anything in particular you wanted to know? I hope I didn't gloss over something, assuming people knew it already, but with the UEFI being so simplistic nowadays it is so easy to do things. Let me know of you want to see something I can arrange screenshots etc, if you want them too :)

There is a guide in the guide section for o state overclcoking so that the CPU and still scale down at idle to save in power and thermals 

also (1600) 

I have viewed this a few times during the first evening, but I couldn't really contribute as I don't know anything about VM's, Linux or Ubuntu - like ZERO

I do however have a Ryzen 1700

I have managed 4ghz on install with ram that wouldn't clock higher than 2133mhz which gimped my gaming and cinebench scores.

Gigabyte released a bios update that allowed me to hit 2666mhz on my ram, but I could no longer hit 4ghz stable at my previous voltage (1.35v - it was amazing temps on my custom loop) so I settled at 3.8ghz @ 1.3v and 2666mhz ram with 15 ,15 ,15, 15, 36 timings.

Today I played more and forced the issue! I got 4ghz at 1.41v with the ram running 2666mhz and 14,14,14,14, 35 timings, and lower timings and It wouldn't post. This got me quite a sweet cinebench score:

gxeSfOY.png

I've now dropped the clock back to 3.8ghz for 24/7 at 1.28v - I've said a number of times that I wasn't happy to go 1.4v+ 24/7 without knowing the affects on such a new silicone, also my GPU is on the same loop and I don't want the excess temp from that extra voltage for the sake of + 200mhz to pump up my GPU heat. Hopefully another bios comes where I can have stable 4ghz @ 1.35v

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

26 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

OK, small update if anyone's interested. Have been doing a bit of tinkering and I easily got the RAM to use 2666Mhz... now the interesting bit is that this benchmarks worse, I previously got to 1656 @2133 and now only scores 1611 @2666, I haven't done any in depth testing yet, so am taking these results as not the be all and end all of the topic. I have been trying to actively monitor the clock speeds and temp, both in windows and linux, and so far it's a bit disappointing to discover that (at least in my findings), only HWinfo64 gives much if any info on the state of the cores in windows, apart from AMD ryzen master utility of course. With linux it's about the same, or a bit worse in some respects... on the one hand you at least have a power governer to use on the CPU frequency scaling monitor, which is available as a panel utility in ubuntu MATE, you can set it to similar governing states like on android phones, such as performance/power save/on demand. By default I was set as power save, which unfortunately made it so that the CPU was set always at 1.55Ghz per core as far as I could see, even when running heavy CPU apps, it wouldn't go above 1.55, and I didn't know this at the time, or about the governer... I found out with quite a bit of head scratching and trial and error. So now I am using on demand instead and at least you can see the CPU is being used fully now in CPU heavy workloads. The only downside is that the CPU temp monitoring is for shit... so use with caution. My temp reading when it's sitting on idle at 1.55Ghz reads approx 28-31C, but even when using heavy CPU load it didn;t go above 35C, and I don't want to push my luck considering that a very similar workload in windows was getting me up into mid 70s to mid 80s. I like to try puching the boudaries, but only whilst staying informed, you might as well try driving blindfolded, lol.

Anyway, sorry for the TL:DR, but wanted to try and give as accurate description as I could.

More testing to come, and hopefully will at least get it to 2933, I have tried 3200 which didn't POST, but interestiingly enough didn't need a CMOS reset, it went to BIOS again after several retries, and still had the 3200mhz settings applied... but the 2933 XMP setting needed a CMOS reset or it just kept boot looping.

If no-ones interested in this, then I'll quit posting about it. Try as I might I cannot get any discussions about ryzen going/decent sharing of ideas going here. Have I missed something in the topics and I just didn't see. I want there to be somewhere where people can share their settings, horror stories even.. and I don't care who has the thread, I am not trying to be THAT guy, I just want some discussion. Please point me in the right direction if this isn't the place.

Go onto some of my new ryzen threads and contact a guy names tom_something 

he is the guy to talk to 

helped me get to 4ghz and 2933 on ram stable and showed me how to pstate oc so that the cores scale down when. It being used

Do keep postin results I am very interested in your finding and if u have any questions please ask away 

I feel there needs to be an official ryzen thread 

also (1600) 

26 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

There is a guide in the guide section for o state overclcoking so that the CPU and still scale down at idle to save in power and thermals 

I don't see a guide section, I could do with reading this :/

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

38 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

I don't see a guide section, I could do with reading this :/

also (1600) 

2 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

urgh, I have the gigabyte AX370

Ryzen Ram Guide

Just now, stealth80 said:

urgh, I have the gigabyte AX370

There will be something similar in your bios tho 

also (1600) 

3 hours ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

I looked to see if he beat my ram oc and what voltage he was using for 4ghz to be fair lol 

want to go against me on a cinebench R15 single-thread score? with your ryzen

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

6 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Sorry I dont play that game 

also (1600) 

6 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

But yeah sure lol