Something like PG348Q NOW or wait for something better?

I have GTX1080 and I'm looking for a new monitor, something really good that could last me ~4 years from now... Now, is it wise to buy PG348Q or wait for something better?

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

Of course, but with current sad situation on PC monitor market, I could be waiting over a year...

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

5 minutes ago, Tic-Tac said:

Of course, but with current sad situation on PC monitor market, I could be waiting over a year...

That's what i meant. No mater what you buy something better will come eventually. So you just have to bite the bullet.

Yeah, I'm afraid that's true... :/

@Tic-Tac Buy now I have that monitor and personally think its fantastic. It'll pair well with a 1080 as its 100Hz 1440p. A 1080 won't be sufficient to drive anything that size in 4k anyway so yes buy now.

"Shall I wait?" is always an awful question in tech, newer products are always around the corner but unless you know something is to be released imminently, for example vega, then don't wait.

The PG348Q is a lovely monitor, and it's coming down in price. Even if a new 34" G-sync monitor should release with marginally better specs, it's bound to be much more expensive. I'd say go for it. :)

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

Until there is a 4K monitor that is 120hz+ and also has ULMB there isn't going to be anything better for gaming than a 1440p monitor with a high refresh rate and ULMB.  Whether you get a normal aspect ratio (PG279Q) or an ultra-wide (PG348Q) is up to you and the type of games you enjoy.  If you play online/competitive games then having an ultra-wide is actual a disadvantage in many ways because it's too large of a FOV for that type of game-play. 

However, if you play mostly single-player games then the added immersion is a huge plus.  I don't know if the PG348Q has ULMB but for me that would be the deciding factor if you play a bit of both types of games, getting rid of frame persistence and having zero motion blur is AMAZING.

Also, keep in mind that 4K 120hz+ isn't possible even with SLI 1080ti's and games aren't using native 4k textures yet.  We are at least 7+ years out from the latter and I'd wager at least 5+ years before a single graphics card can push 144fps with very high settings in 4K at a reasonable price.