YouTube App (iOS) using data volume even in WLAN

Vacras

Hey guys,

I've got a problem which is a pain in the a** to say the least. The situation is this:

I live in Germany and I'm using an iPhone SE with "Vodafone" being my Service Provider. 

Last month I was told that I've used all my data volume for the month (1.1Gb) within like 12 hours.

i thought that it was a mistake by my provider, but they told me that I actually used the data. i thought that maybe my WLAN cut off and I accidentally used mobile data to watch YouTube videos. I then turned off the usage for data volume for the YouTube app in the settings.

fast forward to today. I watched some YouTube videos in bed again and don't think about any problems.

The wifi signal even cut off for a few minutes which resulted in the video stopping, telling me that I had no connection (so mobile volume must be turned off right?).

well 30 minutes later I get a message from my provider telling me that my whole data volume is used up?!

this is driving my nuts right now and I can't call my provider for help because they will go "yeah you used that data not our problem".

i don't get how the app is using mobile data even though it is turned off?

strangely enough in the settings tab in my phone YouTube is listed as having used 1Gb of data. But I have it turned off since the last incident a month ago ...

please I need help and don't want to pay monthly to get 32 kbit download on my mobile phone :(

Edit:

I've just checked my router and found that today there were 1.3Gb of data received. That means that all the traffic of me watching YouTube was downloaded via WLAN ... I don't get it 

you'll need to file a bug report to google. Have you tried http://www.solveyourtech.com/turn-off-cellular-data-usage-youtube-iphone/

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

6 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

you'll need to file a bug report to google. Have you tried http://www.solveyourtech.com/turn-off-cellular-data-usage-youtube-iphone/

Yeah like I said I have turned the usage of cellular data off in my settings.

still it says that YouTube uses 1Gb of data.

1 hour ago, Vacras said:

Yeah like I said I have turned the usage of cellular data off in my settings.

still it says that YouTube uses 1Gb of data.

You can stave off the excessive data usage of the YouTube app by going to Settings > Cellular Data > turn on "Cellular Data" > under "USE CELLULAR DATA FOR", scroll for the YouTube app and turn off the toggle. 

Also, make sure that WiFi assist is off. What it does is it transfers your data connection from WIFi to cellular data when the wifi is flaky. Settings > Cellular Data > Wi-Fi assist > toggle it off. I hope this helps. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I had all those suggestions turned off already.
I've contacted my provider and they have no idea what is going on either ...
I'm going ahead and will fromat my phone and set up a fresh install of everything.

I hope this will resolve my issue :)

Thanks for the help