GPU radiator cable management help

IAR117

Hi. I have a Seahawk 1070 and the fan connector is in a very bad place cable management wise. Here is a pic below. Any suggestions?

1492712321346188450466.jpg

1 hour ago, IAR117 said:

Hi. I have a Seahawk 1070 and the fan connector is in a very bad place cable management wise. Here is a pic below. Any suggestions?

1492712321346188450466.jpg

Hello there!

May I notify you most quickly to an issue of thermals prone to arise with the fan orientation on your radiator. The fan in which you have is exhausting airflow out of the chassis, rather than in taking, at the front...

My personal recommendation would be to change of the fan to intake airflow into the case if you do so decide to leave of the radiator, as this is the most common approach for helping to introduce neutral air pressure within the case. As I would say you want more intake than exhaust as not all air entering the case will actually go to the back fan, as it may be required for another fan within the case such as that of your GPU's.

For said fan cable, I would recommend of having the cable maybe routed through that bottom rubber grummet, then having it looped a few times around a cable router a few times to minimize the unnecessary excess cabling, then back out again to a fan header. Maybe a top mounted radiator could be done if clearance is optimal, although I do not know of your case, thus I cannot recommend of much.

Kind regards,

-EnergyEclipse

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

There's a hole next to the fan for routing cables. Run it through there and back up out of the psu shroud.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.