can i use the same HDD across 2 PS4 consoles?

vESP

my FF15 special edition PSU died so i underwarrenty was given a new replacement. i removed the HDD from that ps4 and wish to put it in the new one. any idea if this would work? it should since its identical model etc

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

7 minutes ago, vESP said:

my FF15 special edition PSU died so i underwarrenty was given a new replacement. i removed the HDD from that ps4 and wish to put it in the new one. any idea if this would work? it should since its identical model etc

It should not, IIRC, PS4 encrypte the drive to work with an identified ps4. You would need to reformat that drive to make it work again in an other PS4.

Just now, raphidy said:

It should not, IIRC, PS4 encrypte the drive to work with an identified ps4. You would need to reformat that drive to make it work again in an other PS4.

troublesome. i have alot of games and stuff stored. 

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

As has already been mentioned, the hard drive in encrypted to that specific console and putting it into another console will cause a request upon starting the new console for it to be formatted and encrypted to that console.

You also have at least 2 system activations available in regards to downloaded content, so you should log in to your account through country specific sony portal and remove the old system activation so that you have the maximum amount of system activations available (since it was a hardware failure you couldn't have done this through the console, but if you did call sony they should have told you to do this already).