Computer sometimes does not detect second monitor

Gileotine

Hey! I've got an Acer 21" and some random sharp TV from way back. This has only happened after I redid my OS, so I'm not sure what's going on!

Anyways, sometimes my computer wakes up from the screen saver / Sleep Mode and it won't recognize the second monitor (the TV). It usually fixes itself when I reset the computer, but this method has become more and more spotty as time goes on.

The only peculiar detail that I can think of is how sometimes when I reset my computer, the 'load in' screen (where you can access the bios) sometimes starts on my second monitor, but at the log-in screen it switches back to my main monitor.

Not sure if that helps, but if anyone has advice I'd be welcome to it!

Thanks,

Grey

2 minutes ago, Gileotine said:

Hey! I've got an Acer 21" and some random sharp TV from way back. This has only happened after I redid my OS, so I'm not sure what's going on!

Anyways, sometimes my computer wakes up from the screen saver / Sleep Mode and it won't recognize the second monitor (the TV). It usually fixes itself when I reset the computer, but this method has become more and more spotty as time goes on.

The only peculiar detail that I can think of is how sometimes when I reset my computer, the 'load in' screen (where you can access the bios) sometimes starts on my second monitor, but at the log-in screen it switches back to my main monitor.

Not sure if that helps, but if anyone has advice I'd be welcome to it!

Thanks,

Grey

the bios going into the second monitor then switching into the main one once it reaches the login screen also happens to me lol