Watercooling Build

15 minutes ago, thayl0 said:

Snip

This would be the kind of fitting you're looking for from alphacool: http://www.performance-pcs.com/alphacool-eiszapfen-13-10mm-compression-fitting-g1-4-deep-black-sixpack.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/alphacool-eiszapfen-13-10mm-compression-fitting-g1-4-deep-black.html

See what I mean by confusing? Alhpacool calls these things compression fittings as well (which isn't technically wrong, but confuses people who don't know the difference or how to tell the difference). the first link is to a 6 pack (since you need at least 6) and the second link is to them individually if you need more. If you wish to order a different brand of fittings for some reason let me know and I'll be able to point you to the right ones.

So if you order these recommended fittings instead of the ones you listed in your cart then you will be ready to go! happy hunting!

5 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

This would be the kind of fitting you're looking for from alphacool: http://www.performance-pcs.com/alphacool-eiszapfen-13-10mm-compression-fitting-g1-4-deep-black-sixpack.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/alphacool-eiszapfen-13-10mm-compression-fitting-g1-4-deep-black.html

See what I mean by confusing? Alhpacool calls these things compression fittings as well (which isn't technically wrong, but confuses people who don't know the difference or how to tell the difference). the first link is to a 6 pack (since you need at least 6) and the second link is to them individually if you need more. If you wish to order a different brand of fittings for some reason let me know and I'll be able to point you to the right ones.

So if you order these recommended fittings instead of the ones you listed in your cart then you will be ready to go! happy hunting!

I was just about to ask you about those if that would work. Ill be getting 8 so i have 2 for backup. I think my build is finshed

11 minutes ago, thayl0 said:

I was just about to ask you about those if that would work. Ill be getting 8 so i have 2 for backup. I think my build is finshed

be sure to post pictures when you're done and tag me so i can see them. good luck!

On 4/21/2017 at 0:11 AM, Zyndo said:

be sure to post pictures when you're done and tag me so i can see them. good luck!

Will do. Should I add a drain tube as I'm building loop and what items are needs for drain tube.

45 minutes ago, thayl0 said:

Will do. Should I add a drain tube as I'm building loop and what items are needs for drain tube.

A drain port can be very useful. basically what you need is a port at your lowest or highest point in your loop. Get a valve in there so you can open and close it at will, and put a tube at the beginning or end of that valve. then when you wish to drain, you merely open the valve and the rest of the fluid flows into your designated container of choice. depending on where this valve is going to be, you will likely need a 3 way splitter for it to work (a T-splitter, something which will allow the loop to flow uninterrupted when the valve is closed, yet has access to the loop so that when the valve is open you can drain the rest of the system). You COULD also run this valve straight out of your reservoir if you want to take the hassle out of setting up a split in the loop, but that is entirely up to you.

3 hours ago, Zyndo said:

A drain port can be very useful. basically what you need is a port at your lowest or highest point in your loop. Get a valve in there so you can open and close it at will, and put a tube at the beginning or end of that valve. then when you wish to drain, you merely open the valve and the rest of the fluid flows into your designated container of choice. depending on where this valve is going to be, you will likely need a 3 way splitter for it to work (a T-splitter, something which will allow the loop to flow uninterrupted when the valve is closed, yet has access to the loop so that when the valve is open you can drain the rest of the system). You COULD also run this valve straight out of your reservoir if you want to take the hassle out of setting up a split in the loop, but that is entirely up to you.

So I can run a valve out of any of those 3 holes to dry to the system. I'm guessing to dry you open value and its drains or is ther e more to it.

Screenshot_20170422-043405.png

5 hours ago, Zyndo said:

I found this value however i cant seem to find a piece that connects the value to the res. http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-bp-mvv-dwbk-mini-valve-deluxe-white-with-black-handle.html

I seen on youtube guy only used to of the holes on of the holes had some type of splitter so he could drain and watercool. If that made sense. 

6 hours ago, thayl0 said:

I found this value however i cant seem to find a piece that connects the value to the res. http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-bp-mvv-dwbk-mini-valve-deluxe-white-with-black-handle.html

A piece like this is the sort of thing you would be looking for: http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-dual-g1-4-high-flow-fitting-male-to-male-thread-black-matte-finish.html

6 hours ago, thayl0 said:

I seen on youtube guy only used to of the holes on of the holes had some type of splitter so he could drain and watercool. If that made sense. 

Yes that makes sense. that was the original suggestion I made. All I was saying, with the option to mount it on the reservoir itself, is that there is more than one way to do this in case you were finding my original description confusing.

Honestly man, If you're not ready to do your own research on how to do a custom loop, then you're not ready to do a custom loop. there is a lot that can go wrong and a lot more maintenance required in custom loops than in other cooling solutions. I don't mind helping someone out when they have a few questions or help them avoid a few pitfalls, but at this point I may as well fly out to wherever you are and build the dang thing for you.

There is a great many guides and walkthroughs you can read online to give you the answers you need. Here is a page EK has on how to set up a drain loop: https://www.ekwb.com/blog/angled-fittings-and-special-connectors-guide/

this page has many things on it, but for a drain port setup, you need only look at the section on ball valves.

Here is their page on all the guides referring to custom loops. if you have questions, start reading there. your answer will probably be in there somewhere. https://www.ekwb.com/guides/

1 hour ago, Zyndo said:

but at this point I may as well fly out to wherever you are and build the dang thing for you.

Will you?

5 hours ago, thayl0 said:

Will you?

lol sorry if I got your hopes up but I was being sarcastic... Unfortunately I don't have that kind of money (or time). All I was trying to say is that a custom loop setup is tons of fun to do and adds a unique component to your PC that most others won't have... but it also takes a great deal of time to set up compared to other cooling solutions, there are risks involved, and there is maintenance involved.... if you're not willing to go through the hassle of learning some of these things on your own, then its unlikely you're willing to take on these other burdens as well. Custom loops are not for everyone, and as much as I want to help you out with this, I also can't be expected to hold your hand through every little thing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2017 at 9:24 PM, Zyndo said:

lol sorry if I got your hopes up but I was being sarcastic... Unfortunately I don't have that kind of money (or time). All I was trying to say is that a custom loop setup is tons of fun to do and adds a unique component to your PC that most others won't have... but it also takes a great deal of time to set up compared to other cooling solutions, there are risks involved, and there is maintenance involved.... if you're not willing to go through the hassle of learning some of these things on your own, then its unlikely you're willing to take on these other burdens as well. Custom loops are not for everyone, and as much as I want to help you out with this, I also can't be expected to hold your hand through every little thing.

I survived.

20170518_234825.jpg

12 minutes ago, thayl0 said:

I survived.

Looks pretty sleek. You should consider sharing this in the forum's builds section. I bet a lot of people would get a kick out of this

5 hours ago, Zyndo said:

Looks pretty sleek. You should consider sharing this in the forum's builds section. I bet a lot of people would get a kick out of this

I don't have no other picture's of the build just the finshed product.

On 4/19/2017 at 11:27 PM, Leonard said:

You are looking good there IMO. You have not mentioned how you plan to hook up the fans, i suggest getting a PWM fan splitter and run all 3 fans from one MOBO PWM header. You left out the coolant, if you are going to use a premixed one then that is cool, if you plan to use just distilled water use a few silver kill coils or a monsoon silver bullet.

1. make sure to flush your radiator without it being attached to the water block to avoid any loose flux from getting into the block's water channels
  2. leak teat outside you build
  3. buy extra tube to cover mistakes

I agree with 1 and 3.  I flushed my radiator half a dozen times, twice with a little white vinegar mixed in the water and the last couple times with distilled water and even then I was getting a little flux in my water after I filled and tested the system... drained and altered the tubing order a bit, filled and tested... drained again because the CPU block has an issue and needed to be RMA.  Only a couple specks at that point, but they were still there.

That being said, I disagree emphatically with #2.  I don't see any benefit whatsoever to testing outside your case, but it adds additional work and the potential to damage tubing/components or loosen fittings.  There is literally zero risk to your components when leak testing inside your computer because they aren't plugged in, as long as they are bone dry before you power them up you're fine.  I don't recommend it, but you could soak your computer with a hose and not hurt anything as long as there is no power.

Besides... if you leak test outside you really should leak test AGAIN once you install it to make sure you didn't loosen fittings or cause a leak by installing...