How Do You Document/Organize Your Footage?

ZachsTechTurf

I am currently using Nvidia Shadowplay (or Share) to record all of my footage. I usually manually record everything I play and then I use the 20 minute Instant Replay recording for when I accidentally forget to start the manual recording. The problem is that it's impossible to sort through all the footage and organize it, unless after every single match, game, round, etc I go into the folder and rename the file with whatever event happened.

Is there anyway that I can QUICKLY document major events in my recording, such as a kill streak, huge crash in a racing game, scoring plays in sports games, etc? I would consider lowering my Instant Replay setting to like 3 minutes and then just hit the hot key every time something major happens, but then I lose my "backup" recording for when I forget to manually record games.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Folder with name of games. Afterwards, I'll path it as the game progression goes. 

For example, The Wolf Among Us has many paths and I'll name the file "episode 2 - Tweedle Dee and Dumb-ass brother" and I'll place it in the "Aggressive" sub-folder. 

Rounds of Rocket League I label as wins or losses and use those instances to show of epic wins or failures in editing.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

5 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Folder with name of games. Afterwards, I'll path it as the game progression goes. 

For example, The Wolf Among Us has many paths and I'll name the file "episode 2 - Tweedle Dee and Dumb-ass brother" and I'll place it in the "Aggressive" sub-folder. 

Rounds of Rocket League I label as wins or losses and use those instances to show of epic wins or failures in editing.

Yea I mean that's exactly what I do now, but I want to narrow it down to a "goal" or a "killstreak." More than just if the game was a win or what not. 

1 minute ago, ZachsTechTurf said:

Yea I mean that's exactly what I do now, but I want to narrow it down to a "goal" or a "killstreak." More than just if the game was a win or what not. 

I just label videos as I record. I've got like 600GB of videos and my channel has 7 videos... 

I don't know if there are any programs that will auto-label videos for you. I do have a few Black Ops videos labeled under what primary weapons were used (Poor FAMAS never got any love)...

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

10 hours ago, ZachsTechTurf said:

how would any program know if you had a kill or goal or w/e in the video. The only way to have what you want is if the program asks you what to name the video before it saves it. which would most likely take you out of the game. Same as you alt-tabbing and renaming the file urself.

I record every single match of rocket league i play. But i only keep the nice goals/saves/matches. You can't know its going to be good before you start the recording. If something good happens i alt-tab out of the game after the match and rename the last recorded file. rename it to something else so i don't delete it later and then go back to the game. There's no other way. If you want the program to analyse the video and find out of you made an awesome save/goal/kill/whatever then you're gonna need a monster of a PC and it will probably never be real-time, and will also have to be made on a per-game basis. Far to much work....

I have no signature