Yet another Polaris card incoming: RX 540 for Notebooks

WMGroomAK
6 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

No. Apple has been getting the Radeon Pro products. These products are not comparable to the Radeon RX lineup. 

The Radeon Pro products use AMD Radeon Pro Drivers and have differences. 

The drivers in OSX are a unified one, GeForce and Quadro use the same. 

Just as Radeon and FirePro did, and that applies to Radeon Pro as well. 

It makes no difference to the actual gpu core used at all. They're identical to the normal Radeon, just lower clocks due to being in laptops. They don't even have ECC memory. 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-Pro-460.181783.0.html

http://creators.radeon.com/radeon-pro/

The features of the Radeon Pro 460 are identical to the RX 460 and all other Polaris chips.

Compared to the similar Radeon RX 460, the Pro 460 offers all 1024 shaders of the Polaris 11 chip. 

The RX/Radeon Pro 460 used in Apple hardware is the fully unlocked Polaris 11 gpu for a year now. 

Something that's not been available to desktop users until now, with the 560, which is the exact same gpu, it's just clocked higher. 

That is unless you got a lucky 460 that could unlock all the stream processors. 

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

12 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Well about time it's been a while since I've been waiting for AMD to return to laptops, I honestly thought they were gonna hold up until Ryzen APUs but this is welcome...assuming it can compete with the 1050 laptops that is.

This should compete with the 940Mx I assume not the 1050.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

54 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

The drivers in OSX are a unified one, GeForce and Quadro use the same. 

Just as Radeon and FirePro did, and that applies to Radeon Pro as well. 

It makes no difference to the actual gpu core used at all. They're identical to the normal Radeon, just lower clocks due to being in laptops. They don't even have ECC memory. 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-Pro-460.181783.0.html

http://creators.radeon.com/radeon-pro/

The RX/Radeon Pro 460 used in Apple hardware is the fully unlocked Polaris 11 gpu for a year now. 

Something that's not been available to desktop users until now, with the 560, which is the exact same gpu, it's just clocked higher. 

That is unless you got a lucky 460 that could unlock all the stream processors. 

well then. It should be noted that Radeon Pro 460 is not simply a Radeon RX 460 or Radeon RX 560.

Radeon Pro 460 has a TDP of 35 watts versus 75 for RX 460 and 60-80 for RX 560

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

29 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

well then. It should be noted that Radeon Pro 460 is not simply a Radeon RX 460 or Radeon RX 560.

Radeon Pro 460 has a TDP of 35 watts versus 75 for RX 460 and 60-80 for RX 560

That's only because it's clocked lower, and better binned; as we all know Polaris is extremely efficient at lower clocks for power.
The Radeon Pro 460 is identical hardware and feature wise to the 560, the main difference is clock speeds and TDP.

As I stated Apple has been getting the goodies for well over a year now; fully unlocked Polaris 11, and it's better binned to boot.

It does make me a smidge concerned for Vega though. AMD has shown it's professional performance for Deep Learning before, being nearly x2 fast as Titan X (Maxwell), and still significantly faster than Titan X (Pascal).

MI25 being Vega.

AMD%20Radeon%20Instinct_Final%20for%20Di

Now with Apple stating they're going to redesign their Mac Pro line, there's a chance the best binned Vega chips mind end up there.

Especially Apple is still using Tahiti based FirePros in the current Mac Pro.

I hope AMD doesn't end up doing that, as I would like Vega to launch for desktop use as soon as possible.

It might be worth keeping an eye on AMD at NAB Las Vegas. They'll be there to talk about Radeon Pro, and hopefully that also means the Vega line of that. Could shed some light on what we might expect.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Ok for very low end sure. Though I wonder about their new APUs how good they'll be. Desktop and laptops specially. The Zen/Vega one.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |