To upgrade or start from scratch!?

cpm5038

So as the title says, I've come to the conclusion that its time to start upgrading.  I was looking for some second opinions.   Attached is my old system.  Currently overclocked to 4.1GHz  on the 3770k .  Honestly have had zero issues with this setup since I put it together almost 5 years ago now.   Only issue is one fan is out on the 7970 Sapphire card but thermals are still well within safe limits.  Regardless, it is beginning to chug a bit on high end games.  So my question is this:  to I put a quick 400$ into it with an rx580 sapphire + 16Gigs DDR3 1600  to prolong its life  until Ryzen is toned in and Vega is out and tested? Or will i not see a noticeable bump?  Not sure how much that DDR3 1600 is holding me back VS the processor VS the graphics.   

My alternative purposed ground up build is also listed.  With looking at getting into the 1440p realm now and using my old case/powersupply from the old build.

Thanks a ton

Current System:

Old system.png

Purposed new system:

new build.png

If you're only gaming you should probably just upgrade the GPU and ram.

Yeah sorry should have added that.  Primarily only gaming.  No streaming or video editing.

Get a 1080 and a newer monitor. (Upgrade your current PC)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Yeah tbh idk why that is on the newegg order sheet. I've never had McAfee installed on this PC.  Must have been a promo they threw in with my order at the time 5 years ago.