Which CPU Cooler should I use between Corsair H60 & CM Hyper 212X Turbo (dual fan)?

Triage

This is my first post here after lurking for a long time so hopefully, I'm doing this right... but here's my situation: I have both of these CPU coolers already (can't return them) so money aside I was wondering which one would give me the best CPU temperatures for my I7-6700K? I also have on hand a spare Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition 120 mm fan that I can use with the H60 if necessary. I've seen a couple of posts/threads say that the CM Hyper 212 is better, but the reasoning behind it was partly due to the H60 being ~$20-30 more expensive. This is my current build (accumulated over the years): Triage's Build . Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Triage said:

This is my first post here after lurking for a long time so hopefully, I'm doing this right... but here's my situation: I have both of these CPU coolers already (can't return them) so money aside I was wondering which one would give me the best CPU temperatures for my I7-6700K? I also have on hand a spare Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition 120 mm fan that I can use with the H60 if necessary. I've seen a couple of posts/threads say that the CM Hyper 212 is better, but the reasoning behind it was partly due to the H60 being ~$20-30 more expensive. This is my current build (accumulated over the years): Triage's Build . Thanks!

I know this is alot more the price, but before deciding to buy those, think about buying a: kraken x62

1 minute ago, Pewdiepies Pie said:

I know this is alot more the price, but before deciding to buy those, think about saving up for this... https://www.amazon.co.uk/NZXT-RL-KRX62-01-Kraken-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B01M191GRY?th=1&psc=1

OP Already has both coolers. 

Id go with the 212, they should perform about the same.The benefit of the h60 is just noise afaik

22 minutes ago, Triage said:

I'd go with H60

CPU Delta Temperature - 4.8GHz (OC)temp_oc_aida64.png

The H60 will be a bit better. Won't be the most amazing temps you could ever imagine but it'll do a better job. It may be louder at idle because of the pump.

And since you already own both coolers, why not test both and see which you like best :D

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Thanks for the fast responses guys! Yeah, I think I'll test them both out. I might sub out the fan that the H60 came with to the Corsair Air Series one. I had the 212X in my old build, and the H60 was used on my gf's computer (which she isn't using anymore). I think I might also test using a push-pull configuration for the H60. I know it's ideal to have two fans of the same type, but would using 1x Corsair Air Series AF120 & 1x the H60 Stock Fan work or should I try using the two fans that came with the CM Hyper 212X Turbo instead (or any combination of those fans)? Thanks again :)

20 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I'd go with H60

CPU Delta Temperature - 4.8GHz (OC)temp_oc_aida64.png

This is great! Very informative. Thank you :)

5 hours ago, Triage said:

This is great! Very informative. Thank you :)

Actually those graphs are pretty awful to make true comparisons. The test systems are obviously different and there aren't any coolers to use as baseline.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, Triage said:

both have received good reviews but It should be what you want like how quiet i would test both for like 1 week and see how each does then decide also really nice build. 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing