Ubisoft Hacked????

I'm putting this here, because I am 90% sure that Ubisoft is just trying to fix this without informing anyone. I started getting e-mails this past week that my account and password had been changed with Ubisoft.

Spoiler

2-step.jpg.fd6ebf1ce598b9e5d909a0433982717e.jpg

At first I thought this was a phising scam. But the websites they linked me to worked out. However the site that it links to is just a page where you have to find your region specific support.

Spoiler

58f5f83f2b855_supporthigh-volume.jpg.7e621c0394800d1bea42cfd583a831ba.jpg

The phone number listed there informs you that if your problem is not specifically that you can't log in then you are SOL over the phone. If you follow the link to the region support then you have to log in to do live chat. But of course live chat has a high volume. Suspicious. If you go over to the Ubisoft forum there is a note there that you should change your password.

Spoiler

forums.jpg.07afdbbfe12930f7c0af0f646280dd7d.jpg

All this leads me to believe that Ubisoft has been hacked, but they aren't telling anyone. Further their customer support is a joke. Just keep digging Ubi.

NOTE TO MODS: If you need to move this because it is not "news" I understand. But I think this qualifies.

This is why you should enable 2FA BEFORE you get hacked...

I made the same mistake and didn't use it, luckily i got my account back but since then i have 2FA almost everywhere where money is involved.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

This happens so many times but they never tell anyone, the most you can do is just change your password and enable 2fa

Hello

might just be a dictionary attack of leaked usernames/emails and passwords. check https://haveibeenpwned.com/ if you've been pwned recently and you use the same or very similar passwords for most sites than it probably is just that. could be more though, teamviewer tried to push it on same password configs but that really wasn't the case with them.

why are u shaming a big company like ubisoft? If they got hacked they will tell their costumers for sure, otherwise they can face a lawsuit

14 minutes ago, Artificial Ignorance said:

All this leads me to believe that Ubisoft has been hacked

i think you are misinterpreting this, and use the word "hacked" because its just the word to use these days i guess..

my guess is that ubishit system administrators noticed some suspicious activity, and are urging users towards improving their own security, before they dive into the same black hole as happened to origin a while back where literally thousands of accounts "disappeared" overnight.

Well, I doubt it.  According to a YouTuber by the name of "The Mighty Jingles," in one of his "Mingles with Jingles" episodes, this is a fairly common bug, and happened to him a couple months ago.

Royal Rumble: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/N3v3r3nding_N3wb/saved/#view=NR9ycf

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." -- Adolf Hitler

"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." -- Winston Churchill

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

51ba0eddbd5cc5e30f1b21fcffc45aa145949bc5f06de001f3fbb96216179e51_1.jpg

Royal Rumble: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/N3v3r3nding_N3wb/saved/#view=NR9ycf

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." -- Adolf Hitler

"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." -- Winston Churchill

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

This almost happened to me but I acted immediately and enabled 2 factor authentication using my Google Authenticator 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

your account got "hacked", not UBi

next time you make an account, also use the two factor authentication - it saves lives!