Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NecroFlex

Fast and Furious 7 supercar motherboard

Posted · Original PosterOP

Ok so i was watching F&F 7 and in the middle of the movie there was a part where they pulled out a chip from a mobo:
48a4e353bfae435881ab0582adb35b5a.jpeg

anyone have any idea which mobo this is? Looks interesting, not sure if anyone asked this before. Tho does kinda look like a normal mobo that got cut to size :/

Movie prop...

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

5 minutes ago, NecroFlex said:

Ok so i was watching F&F 7 and in the middle of the movie there was a part where they pulled out a chip from a mobo:

anyone have any idea which mobo this is? Looks interesting, not sure if anyone asked this before. Tho does kinda look like a normal mobo that got cut to size :/

It's a movie prop, either some board chopped up, or a bunch of stuff stuck together, It almost definitely won't be a real motherboard.

CPU: Xeon E5-2670 | MOBO: AsRock Extreme 4-M | RAM: Hyper X Fury White 1866MHz 16GB | 

GPU: Sapphire RX 470 8GB Nitro+ | STORAGE: 1TB Barracuda HDD + 128GB Kingston KC310 SSD | 

COOLER: CM Hyper 212 Evo | PSU: FSP Raider 550W | CASE: Bottom desk drawer..

Just now, KWelz said:

Movie prop...

a lot of times they use actual stuff, that's why i was curious.My bad if this question wasn't to your liking judging from those dots in the end.

Just now, Rangaman42 said:

It's a movie prop, either some board chopped up, or a bunch of stuff stuck together, It almost definitely won't be a real motherboard.

Curiosity, looked interesting, thought it was a picoboard of sorts, would be nice for a small PC :P 

1 minute ago, NecroFlex said:

Curiosity, looked interesting, thought it was a picoboard of sorts, would be nice for a small PC :P 

It would be awesome, but it's probably too small for a 'real' CPU. It may well be a motherboard for something, but they don't really care when they make the movie.

CPU: Xeon E5-2670 | MOBO: AsRock Extreme 4-M | RAM: Hyper X Fury White 1866MHz 16GB | 

GPU: Sapphire RX 470 8GB Nitro+ | STORAGE: 1TB Barracuda HDD + 128GB Kingston KC310 SSD | 

COOLER: CM Hyper 212 Evo | PSU: FSP Raider 550W | CASE: Bottom desk drawer..

lol what i was just watching this exact scene

wow

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Well, the weird slot seems to be a vertical SO-DIMM memory slot which does exit in some motherboards.

Image_29S.jpg

But Intel NUC's motherboards (which have a similar size) are most likely to have stacked SO-DIMM slots.

gigabyte_brix_innards.jpg

But the lack of IO ports make me think that this is probably some part of an high-end printer or router with SO-DIMM upgradability.