Fan Config/Airflow suggestions

mrkilla22

I am new to building and am looking for suggestions on airflow/fan configurations. The mastercase pro 5 comes with 2 fans in front and 1 in back as stock (both 140mm). Will that be enough? Do I need to add 2 fans on top for additional exhaust? Any suggestions are welcome.

Here is my potential build:

CPU: *Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard: *Gigabyte GA-Z270XP-SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory: *Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Toshiba 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card

Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

Go with default and upgrade later if you feel like it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If I was to upgrade after I felt it was running too hot, would I just want to add 1 exhaust fan to the top?  I think that would make a neutral airflow, correct (2 intake and 2 exhaust)?

17 hours ago, xhantus404 said:

You can sure go for more, but the thing with case fans is that you quickly hit diminishing returns. I'd say keep it as they are, 2 intakes in the front, one exhaust at the back. If you are unhappy with hardware temperatures and upon opening the side panel the air inside feels very warm, add a third intake to the front - I know for sure it can support up to three 120mm, not sure it can also support 3x140. If that doesn't help, add fans to the top. But I think you will be fine right away :)

I think all sections can handle a 120 or 140mm.  I will have an optical drive in front which I think will block a section (it can fit 3 fans total) in the front from putting a fan so it will allow only 2 intake.

19 hours ago, mrkilla22 said:

If I was to upgrade after I felt it was running too hot, would I just want to add 1 exhaust fan to the top?  I think that would make a neutral airflow, correct (2 intake and 2 exhaust)?

That or add more intake. Depending on which part is hot. But I highly doubt you have issues. I've been running 3 fan config for past 6 years and haven't had any issues with temps. Granted, it was 1x200mm in, 120mm rear and 140mm top out first, then 2x140mm top out before current 2 140mm in, 1 140mm out.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv