Rear fan must be the same as the fan of my cpu cooler?

RRGT19

Hi,

I have the Cryorig H7 and I will install another fan at the back of the heatsink, I just wanted to see how many temps I'm able to drop.

So, I will install Cryorig fans at the front too and I would like to install another fan at the back.

Therefore, the rear fan should be the same model/RPM than the fan of the cpu cooler?.

Cryorig is selling different models of 120mm. Quiet, Balanced, Performance.

The fan of the H7 is the Balanced version.

My PC with Fractal Design fans right now, they are crap, don't move any air at all.

58f4d56f407c0_Build7-DefineCGamingPCof2017(5).thumb.JPG.dedd54ed0b110223a48f6381a76906c8.JPG

If I understand what you're asking correctly, you don't NEED the same fans as your CPU cooler. Just get a fan you like the look of and has good reviews. As long as it's good, you're not going to notice much difference whatsoever between them.

EVE (My Gaming Build)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ Stock Speeds - Cooling: Phanteks TC-12DX - PSU: Corsair RM750 - GPU: MSI GTX 1070 - Storage: 1x 120gb Samsung 830 Evo SSD (OS Drive) | 1x 120gb Hyperx 3k SSD (Audio Editing) | 1x 480gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD (Games) | 1x 1TB Hard Drive (Mass Storage) - Case: NZXT Phantom 530 - Misc: NZXT Hue RGB LED and controller

it won't really matter than much if the brand or even air flow differ. You might want to get the same just for looks. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

4 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

it won't really matter than much if the brand or even air flow differ. You might want to get the same just for looks. 

Well there is a difference between Noctua and say a Aerocool fan

My life

you really dont need the same fan.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

I have a Noctua NH-D15 cooler on the CPU (with 2 fans) and a Corsair AF140 in the back, running at rather slow speeds. No issues with the airflow, hot goes out as needed. So no, it doesn't have to be the same.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

You might get some degrees better performance if fan is running at same speed with CPU fans. But that would require you to also connect it to same header.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv