Best budget 4k HDR TV that I can use for occasional gaming!

bpw87

As the title says, I'm looking for a budjet 4k HDR TV mostly for movies but the odd gaming session on the couch.

Hoping to get a 50" or about that size for under $1200AUD. (Around $900USD)

I really have no idea with what screens to consider. I went and checked a few local shops around town to have a look at some in person but only one shop actually had 4k content playing on their screens but had nearly no stock so the rest was useless to compare.

Would prefer a brand like Sony, Samsung, LG or other more know brands but not essential

I don't need any smart TV stuff, if it has it fine but I'm not worried at all if it doesn't have any.

I would prefer a 60hz screen but I can live with a 50hz

So fair the only screens that looked decent are the Samsung series 6 50" panel and the Hisense 50" HDR panel but I'm not sure about the Hisense as I've seen reviews saying the HDR isn't great and doesn't work on all inputs.

It seems there is a lot of misinformation when it comes to HDR and I seen that the new HDR Premium standard has been released so it would be nice it it has that.

Thanks  

What types of games?  Causal console games?  I'd like a list, different games kind of have different needs and requirements.

1 minute ago, ArduinoBen said:

What types of games?  Causal console games?  I'd like a list, different games kind of have different needs and requirements.

Mostly RPG and racing games, I have my standard 1080p monitor for FPS and games that need better response times.

I'd say the games most likely to be played are Fallout 4, Doom, MGS V, Forza other games like those

So far some of the screens I have found in the price range are

Sony KD49X7000D

LG 49UH652T

Samsung UA50KU6000

Not sure if these are what I'm looking for or have decent features but they seem to be the base model HDR screens from those manufactures