I have a problem

linustouchtips

You can call it an addiction or just say im dumb but i can't stop buying the latest and greatest gpu's from whomever. My latest craze was hitting f5 on newegg trying to see if i can get the asus rog strix 1080ti. After an overwhelming amount of dont you do it i restrained myself which was a surprise even to myself. I told myself im satisfied with what i have. Now that AMD is suppose to have "high end gpus" in quotations. Should i amp myself up for their release. Or just forget about it. (green > red) (green < red) (green = red) idk :(

just don;t get on the hype train too easily. i learned this the hard way when Nvidea fucked me over by releasing a better GPU right after the Titan XP

There is an excellent chance I'll get Vega.  It's probably not going to be the GPU for you.  It will likely compete with the 1080 and 1070 lol

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

You know what.. I'd wait and see. Don't get hyped, because we're at times where big companies milk people for money and delay their best products by months in order to sell overpriced flagships. Vega is not out yet. It's all speculation at this point. Be smart, look at statistics, look at what companies did the previous years. You can get fucked over so easily. 

Because Nvidia has the upper hand to say the least. So when AMD releases Vega, they'll try to extened it's lifespam through 2 or 3 generations. That means the first revision will likely preform the worst and be most locked version. They have to get money in and it's the way to go.. As I said. Wait and see.

Just get a 1080 Ti. I don't think that Vega will be able to compete with the 1080 Ti...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Just get a 1080 Ti. I don't think that Vega will be able to compete with the 1080 Ti...

He's already got a 1080 though ._.

5 minutes ago, PaperLuigi said:

He's already got a 1080 though ._.

I don't think that Vega will be faster than a 1080...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

16 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I don't think that Vega will be faster than a 1080...

I meant that his current GPU is fine