how to stop windows 10 hover preview on files

Hotdogs&bbqsauce

this hover preview is very annoying especially when hovering over videos - it starts playing the videos with audio

am i able to turn this function off?

(picture is an example of what is previewed on hovering over images - if file is a video, it will start playing) - thanks in advance         

(ive also tried googling but all advice seems to be for turning off aero peek function on windows - which i dont think this is)

hover.png

1 minute ago, xyameax said:

It looks like you are using a different file explorer. By chance, are you using a Start Menu replacer?

im using Qttabar - never occured to me this could be causing it. i will have to have a look

3 minutes ago, xyameax said:

It looks like you are using a different file explorer. By chance, are you using a Start Menu replacer?

ok. i fixed it. it was an option within Qttabar and not in windows. thanks

• 5 years later...

Thank you @Hotdogs&bbqsauce!  I hate this media preview so much and assumed it was another horrible Windows feature.  I never even considered Qttabar (which is so awsome for Explorer tabs).  I thought that Qttabar just added tabs!

For anyone else that would prefer a root canal to unwanted video popups:

1. Explorer Options Menu -> enable QT Command Bar (you probably only use QT Tab bar bc their command bars are annoying)
  2. Click Gear icon to open QT Command Bar options
  3. Preview Tab -> Disable Show preview tooltip for text, image, and media files