Suggestions for Semi-transparent fluid?

I am looking for a semi transparent fluid to defuse the cold cathode tube in my reservoir. Something in between mayhems pastel and good old distilled water. Any suggestions? 

Thanks  

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

I am looking for a semi transparent fluid to defuse the cold cathode tube in my reservoir. Something in between mayhems pastel and good old distilled water. Any suggestions? 

Thanks  

I don't think there is any translucent type of fluid that I've seen other than going with a clear fluid like Mayhems X1 or such. 

Diluted mayhems pastel...?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Diluted mayhems pastel...?

Wouldn't the nano particles just fall out if you dilute it? 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

you can mix pastel extreme and xt-1 clear, that way you would retain all the biological/corrosion protection of a full bodied coolant while diluting the pastel effect of the pastel.  Just don't use PETG with either PE or xt-1

edit: not sure if you can mix regular pastel with anything like x1 though, lemme see if i can find anything

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

Wouldn't the nano particles just fall out if you dilute it? 

No?

People have been mixing mayhems fluids for years.

You take a bottle of clear and then add drops of the concentrate to get the colour you want.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

No?

You take a bottle of clear and then add drops of the concentrate to get the colour you want.

well this was said by mick himself a couple days ago

No you cannot mix them both (Pastel extreme and X1) you can mix pastel extreme with XT-1 how ever it will fall out much faster.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

5 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

Not those two, I mean you can mix fluids of the same type, eg pastel with pastel, or X1 with X1.

When you use a concentrate, of course you can mix it with distilled water.

That's the entire point of a concentrate.

When I told him to dilute it, I mean just add less of the concentrate to the water so instead of turning it fully white, it just makes it translucent.

Doesn't have to be white, he can use any colour he wants.

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

you can mix pastel extreme and xt-1 clear, that way you would retain all the biological/corrosion protection of a full bodied coolant while diluting the pastel effect of the pastel.  Just don't use PETG with either PE or xt-1

edit: not sure if you can mix regular pastel with anything like x1 though, lemme see if i can find anything

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

No?

5 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

Since it's still a bit inconclusive I may just contact mayhems themselves and see what they think. 

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Not those two, I mean you can mix fluids of the same type, eg pastel with pastel, or X1 with X1.

When you use a concentrate, of course you can mix it with distilled water.

That's the entire point of a concentrate.

When I told him to dilute it, I mean just add less of the concentrate to the water so instead of turning it fully white, it just makes it translucent.

Doesn't have to be white, he can use any colour he wants.

right mixing within a brand line is fine, and dyes are safe with any of their fluids, but they also provide a specific dilution ratios for regular pastel.  If you add more distilled water than recommend (which would be required to get a less opaque look) then you are diluting it enough that you are removing the protective benefits that you are getting from the coolant (biological and corrosion).  Pastel Extreme says you can dilute it farther than the recommended 2 liters, all the way down to 3.5L (probs cause its extreme) which should be good for what they're looking for.  regular pastel wouldn't be recommended IMO though.

5 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

Since it's still a bit inconclusive I may just contact mayhems themselves and see what they think. 

I'd say check out Pastel Extreme, not recommended for PETG since it's ethylene glycol based but it will dilute without losing protection 

https://mayhems.co.uk/coolants/pastel-coolants/pastel-extreme-100ml/mayhems-pastel-extreme-white-100ml/

17 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

I'd say check out Pastel Extreme, not recommended for PETG since it's ethylene glycol based but it will dilute without losing protection 

https://mayhems.co.uk/coolants/pastel-coolants/pastel-extreme-100ml/mayhems-pastel-extreme-white-100ml/

I dont believe I have any petg in my system, my tubing is made out of black nickel plated brass. Although I cant say for sure if my res does not have petg. Thanks though I will definitely check pastel extreme out. 

32 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

22 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

right mixing within a brand line is fine, and dyes are safe with any of their fluids, but they also provide a specific dilution ratios for regular pastel.  If you add more distilled water than recommend (which would be required to get a less opaque look) then you are diluting it enough that you are removing the protective benefits that you are getting from the coolant (biological and corrosion).  Pastel Extreme says you can dilute it farther than the recommended 2 liters, all the way down to 3.5L (probs cause its extreme) which should be good for what they're looking for.  regular pastel wouldn't be recommended IMO though.

In theory if they are the same base fluid, glycerol in case of Pastel fluid it should work if you are mixing it with a transparent fluid but not sure how well it would go though.

18 minutes ago, W-L said:

In theory if they are the same base fluid, glycerol in case of Pastel fluid it should work if you are mixing it with a transparent fluid but not sure how well it would go though.

yeah I would think that since Pastel and x1 are same base it would be ok but I sent a question Mick's way, will update here when/if he responds