Heat Sinks and Fans

Looking to upgrade my stock Intel heat sink to a newer one, looking for best suggestions! Also looking for recommendations on fans as well quiet preferred and affordable. Thank You! 

Be Vigilant or Jump Off

Need to know your case and budget and what platform you use. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I have a Rosewill case with a gigabyte mid atx motherboard , I5 4440 lga1150 1tb hard drive, 150 solid state drive, 500b watt evga power supply 

Be Vigilant or Jump Off

1 minute ago, Discowarewolf69 said:

I have a Rosewill case with a gigabyte mid atx motherboard , I5 4440 lga1150 1tb hard drive, 150 solid state drive, 500b watt evga power supply 

Which rosewill exactly?

3 minutes ago, Discowarewolf69 said:

120$ max for right now in the fall im going to upgrade most things beside graphics 

Be Vigilant or Jump Off

Just now, Discowarewolf69 said:

I have a Rosewill case with a mid atx gigabyte case, I5 4440 lga1150 1tb hard drive, 150 solid state drive, 500b watt evga power supply 

need to know the exact case. Also, since you have a CPU that is not overclockable, the intel stock cooler is 100% fine. Just put some new thermal paste on it and you are good to go. You can also tune the fan in the BIOS of your motherboard to adjust the fan speeds at different temperature levels. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

5 minutes ago, Discowarewolf69 said:

I have a Rosewill case 

Which one? Different cases have different clearance for coolers.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, aisle9 said:

Which one? Different cases have different clearance for coolers.

I have the Rosewill Stealth ATX Full tower with a gigabyte mid atx 

Be Vigilant or Jump Off

1 minute ago, Discowarewolf69 said:

I have the Rosewill Stealth ATX Full tower with a gigabyte mid atx 

160mm to work with. With a locked i5, you don't really need a ton of extra juice. A Deepcool Gammaxx 400 would be more than enough. Shoot, so would a Hyper T4, and those are $10 on Newegg right now after MIR.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is a cheap performance cooler that is relatively quiet.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Full tower eh, get the biggest badboy you can find?

Just kidding. You can try one of noctua's smaller coolers that sits in the 70$ range so you can buy a extra fan to meet your budget target. 

Make sure you get their newest model because noctua def improved their coolers over the past few years and made it smaller to boot.

What is your main reason for upgrade? Are you thinking about changing CPU/mobo to overclockable in future and would you OC even then? Just for noise reason I would recommend M9i or H7. Or ID-Cooling ones.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What is your main reason for upgrade? Are you thinking about changing CPU/mobo to overclockable in future and would you OC even then? Just for noise reason I would recommend M9i or H7. Or ID-Cooling ones.

yeah i'm looking for future upgrades to get an idea of what a good heat sink is, i will overclock eventually and going to upgrade cpu/mobo but not gpu 

Be Vigilant or Jump Off

On 4/17/2017 at 3:06 PM, Discowarewolf69 said:

yeah i'm looking for future upgrades to get an idea of what a good heat sink is, i will overclock eventually and going to upgrade cpu/mobo but not gpu 

Why not just decide on getting an aftermarket cooler after upgrading your cpu? It doesn't make much sense to limit your options now by deciding on the cooler already.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

18 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Why not just decide on getting an aftermarket cooler after upgrading your cpu? It doesn't make much sense to limit your options now by deciding on the cooler already.

yeah that's what I've seem to hear from other members, I just didn't know if my heat sink was good enough for the type of games that i play. I just started a topic cuz i didn't think people would see my post on my page??? Idk just being weird. 

Be Vigilant or Jump Off

2 hours ago, Discowarewolf69 said:

yeah that's what I've seem to hear from other members, I just didn't know if my heat sink was good enough for the type of games that i play. I just started a topic cuz i didn't think people would see my post on my page??? Idk just being weird. 

It doesn't matter if you're gaming or doing something else. At stock clocks, the included stock cooler is plenty for keeping your temps in check.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.