Best headphones + dac

becebeca
4 minutes ago, becebeca said:

I did look, but it was more expensive there :(

Yes, but they have like nothing. Not anything i've looked at atleast. 

It looks like you can get them in sweden for pretty much the same as they cost on the UK amazon (when you add shpping)

http://www.pricerunner.se/pl/94-454478/Hoerlurar-och-Headset/Beyerdynamic-DT-770-Pro-80-priser

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, becebeca said:

there's a 20€ difference :P

Wanna get as cheap as possible with my money haha. 

not when you add shipping from UK amazon, then it is like 20 SEK or something like that.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

not when you add shipping from UK amazon, then it is like 20 SEK or something like that.

I counted the shipping in with that. :)

Just now, becebeca said:

I counted the shipping in with that. :)

wait what, it adds up to about 116£ when I add shipping which is 1306,5 SEK and the cheapest one in Sweden is 1318 SEK

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

Hm there are four different versions of the dt770 80 ohm and they all cost different

and

what does those mean?

Just now, becebeca said:

Hm there are four different versions of the dt770 80 ohm and they all cost different

and

what does those mean?

different ohm versions, if you click one of them then you can see that the Ohm rating is changing.

different ohm versions, if you click one of them then you can see that the Ohm rating is changing.

oh god now i'm debating whether i should get the 80 or 250 ohm

when does this quest for headphones end D:

Just now, becebeca said:

oh god now i'm debating whether i should get the 80 or 250 ohm

when does this quest for headphones end D:

just get the lower ohm version, it will be slightly easier to drive.

Just now, Dackzy said:

just get the lower ohm version, it will be slightly easier to drive.

but what if I wanna get a dac+amp in the future... dont wanna buy new headphones just because i want dac

i think long-term as well :P

Just now, becebeca said:

but what if I wanna get a dac+amp in the future... dont wanna buy new headphones just because i want dac

i think long-term as well :P

you can still buy a DAC and amp in the future and see an improvement 

Just now, Dackzy said:

Oh okay that's good :)

one last question, open/closed thing

when it's open, does both the surroundinsg hear the sound the same as I hear them? Because if it wasnt for my extremely loud neighbours i'd get the open

Just now, becebeca said:

one last question, open/closed thing

when it's open, does both the surroundinsg hear the sound the same as I hear them? Because if it wasnt for my extremely loud neighbours i'd get the open

not sure I understand what you are trying to say.

With open headphones, the surroundings will maybe get lowered by 10%, the leakage from what you are hearing would be about the same as if you lay your headphones on your table with the cups pointed towards you while playing music at your normal listening level.

Just now, Dackzy said:

not sure I understand what you are trying to say.

With open headphones, the surroundings will maybe get lowered by 10%, the leakage from what you are hearing would be about the same as if you lay your headphones on your table with the cups pointed towards you while playing music at your normal listening level.

I mean like, the sound from my headphones, will they hear it as loud as I can hear them?

With my current headset I can't hear when something is talking to me, will I hear them with open? 

1 minute ago, becebeca said:

I mean like, the sound from my headphones, will they hear it as loud as I can hear them?

With my current headset I can't hear when something is talking to me, will I hear them with open? 

yes you will be able to hear them, but not as loud as you can without them on with music playing, since your music/game will cancel some of it out, but you could also risk hearing damage since you might keep turning up until you can't hear them.

Just now, Dackzy said:

yes you will be able to hear them, but not as loud as you can without them on with music playing, since your music/game will cancel some of it out, but you could also risk hearing damage since you might keep turning up until you can't hear them.

oh, yea das no good

my neighbours scream

oh, yea das no good

my neighbours scream

yeah closed all the way then

yeah closed all the way then

yeah i'm soon moving to a more loud city as well

def certain on the closed then 

damn now i wish i lived on the countryside

yeah i'm soon moving to a more loud city as well

def certain on the closed then 

damn now i wish i lived on the countryside

I do just fine with open headphones in the suburbs, you can use open in big cities as long as your house or apartment blocks the noise decently

4 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I do just fine with open headphones in the suburbs, you can use open in big cities as long as your house or apartment blocks the noise decently

ok THIS is last question haha

is the dt770 too bassy(is that a word) for movies? Because I watch quite a lot of that on my pc

Just now, becebeca said:

ok THIS is last question haha

is the dt770 too bassy(is that a word) for movies? Because I watch quite a lot of that on my pc

sure

Just now, Dackzy said:

sure

oh is it? D:

i dont want muddy bass when watching movies

Just now, becebeca said:

oh is it? D:

i dont want muddy bass when watching movies

they don't have muddy bass

Just now, Dackzy said:

they don't have muddy bass

oh i saw someone on google say that