Best headphones + dac

becebeca

So I'm deciding between the SMSL M3 vs fiio e10k

and the dt770 vs ad500x

Which combo is best?

The headphones are different yes but I'm both gaming and listening to bass music so don't know which one's to get. 

please don't get those crappy combo's, my onboard is about the same quality if not better... Look at the Fulla 2 or just use onboard.

The AD500x's have very very little bass but has a very wide soundstage and they are open so they leak sound in and out. The DT770's have a pretty decent bass boost and are closed so the soundstage it a lot smaller, but they also don't leak sound in or out. The DT770's would probably be the best for your music and the AD500x would be the best for gaming. Maybe a good middle ground would be the DT880's or HD558s

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

45 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

please don't get those crappy combo's, my onboard is about the same quality if not better... Look at the Fulla 2 or just use onboard.

The AD500x's have very very little bass but has a very wide soundstage and they are open so they leak sound in and out. The DT770's have a pretty decent bass boost and are closed so the soundstage it a lot smaller, but they also don't leak sound in or out. The DT770's would probably be the best for your music and the AD500x would be the best for gaming. Maybe a good middle ground would be the DT880's or HD558s

Hm i've heard the dt770 kind of need an amp because require a lot?

DT880 is too expensive :/

and idk about the HD558 ones because I do like the closed better i think, haven't tried open but my neighbors are pretty loud. 

48 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

And why is it crappy?

1 minute ago, becebeca said:

And why is it crappy?

low quality, weak shit. There is a reason why I don't have it in my pinned post

3 minutes ago, becebeca said:

Hm i've heard the dt770 kind of need an amp because require a lot?

DT880 is too expensive :/

and idk about the HD558 ones because I do like the closed better i think, haven't tried open but my neighbors are pretty loud. 

So you want closed, yet you look at the AD500x???

For closed the DT770's are among the best you can get, and not they don't require a lot, the people who say that need to try planar, then we can talk power hungry

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

low quality, weak shit. There is a reason why I don't have it in my pinned post

So you want closed, yet you look at the AD500x???

For closed the DT770's are among the best you can get, and not they don't require a lot, the people who say that need to try planar, then we can talk power hungry

uhm the headset or dac?

Because it was good enough i was considering it yes. 

Why say it's best among the closed if you think it's low quality and weak shit?

uhm the headset or dac?

Because it was good enough i was considering it yes. 

Why say it's best among the closed if you think it's low quality and weak shit?

the dac amp combo's you looked at are trash, not the headphones.

Just now, Dackzy said:

the dac amp combo's you looked at are trash, not the headphones.

I can't afford anything better... 

I can't afford anything better... 

then use onboard

Just now, Dackzy said:

then use onboard

you sure they can handle dt770 80 ohm?

not the best i have

you sure they can handle dt770 80 ohm?

not the best i have

what mobo do you have

Just now, Dackzy said:

what mobo do you have

msi z270 tomahawk

the cheapest mobo i could find :P

msi z270 tomahawk

the cheapest mobo i could find :P

should be fine, my phone can power them. A cheap MSI laptop can power them and a ThinkPad L460 can power them, so I don't see how your mobo shouldn't be able to power them

Just now, Dackzy said:

should be fine, my phone can power them. A cheap MSI laptop can power them and a ThinkPad L460 can power them, so I don't see how your mobo shouldn't be able to power them

Hm yeah, if I can skip the dac price that'd be good. I might order those headphones + mic and if im not satisfied I'll just get dac :)

or if i am gonna upgrade, soundcard or usb dac? 

Hm yeah, if I can skip the dac price that'd be good. I might order those headphones + mic and if im not satisfied I'll just get dac :)

or if i am gonna upgrade, soundcard or usb dac? 

well it is called a DAC amp combo, if the amp wasn't there it would be useless. If you want to upgrade then get a schiit fulla 2, it cost 100$

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

well it is called a DAC amp combo, if the amp wasn't there it would be useless. If you want to upgrade then get a schiit fulla 2, it cost 100$

that doesnt exist here :/

why is the fiio e10k so bad? It's been recommended as budget dac?

Just now, becebeca said:

that doesnt exist here :/

why is the fiio e10k so bad? It's been recommended as budget dac?

where in the world are you? They have a EU shop that sends to basically every country in EU.

It is a low-quality DAC and amp put together in the same package and you can get something that wrecks it for a little bit extra. Just because something is recommended a lot doesn't mean it is the best in that price range or even that good.

http://www.schiit-europe.com/

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

where in the world are you? They have a EU shop that sends to basically every country in EU.

It is a low-quality DAC and amp put together in the same package and you can get something that wrecks it for a little bit extra. Just because something is recommended a lot doesn't mean it is the best in that price range or even that good.

http://www.schiit-europe.com/

Sweden, i checked both amazon.co.uk AND the swedish websites. Didn't find them 

Anything other you can recommend that is on amazon.co.uk?

Just now, becebeca said:

Sweden, i checked both amazon.co.uk AND the swedish websites. Didn't find them 

Anything other you can recommend that is on amazon.co.uk?

I just linked their own EU shop, but other good cheap combos would be Micca origen+ and Audioquest Dragonfly

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I just linked their own EU shop, but other good cheap combos would be Micca origen+ and Audioquest Dragonfly

thats like germany or language from netherlands, i dont speak that :S

4 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

micca doesnt exist on amazon or swedish websites either :P

2 minutes ago, becebeca said:

thats like germany or language from netherlands, i dont speak that :S

they got english version of the website, look top left corner and change to english.

micca doesnt exist on amazon or swedish websites either :P

wait what why did amazon stop selling that, they sold it a month ago....

Just now, Dackzy said:

they got english version of the website, look top left corner and change to english.

amazon.com doesn't have the same products as amazon.co.uk

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I found the fulla 2 on that website, and that was really expensive. kind of 50$ more than fiio e10k

Just now, becebeca said:

amazon.com doesn't have the same products as amazon.co.uk

I know I know, I have the micca origin+ in my pinned post where I use the german and UK amazon to find EU prices and one of my mates bought it a month ago from the UK amazon, very weird.

Also Schiit also has this EU shop https://schiit.eu.com/