Best answer

SCHISCHKA

Iv noticed this. People post a question; they get an answer; they reply with thank you but then mark their own reply as the best answer.

Are they gaming the reputation system?

I don't really care about scoring points I'm just concerned about the amount of stupidity in the world, it would make me happier if people were gaming it.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Iv noticed this. People post a question; they get an answer; they reply with thank you but then mark their own reply as the best answer.

Are they gaming the reputation system?

I don't really care about scoring points I'm just concerned about the amount of stupidity in the world, it would make me happier if people were gaming it.

I don't think best answers count towards rep. I think it's just for quick reference kind of deal. 

But it is quite silly to see n00bs marking their "thanks" answer as best lol. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Best Answers aren't counted to anything. And no, blocking OP from marking their own reply as best answer isn't correct way to handle it either.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Best Answers aren't counted to anything. And no, blocking OP from marking their own reply as best answer isn't correct way to handle it either.

Who said anything about blocking? 

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

45 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Who said anything about blocking? 

Not anyone, yet. But it has been suggested as solution before. So I just pointed out that it won't be happening.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv