.Net is throwing exceptions out of nowhere.

I'm failing to understand why .Net want's to ruin my morning. 1st off, what is it trying to compare, 2nd off, why?

58f359475f223_Screenshot(22).thumb.png.1df202c4a9e109b1e420f852b39e8c8b.png

Brah, do you even Java?

Exception says about comparing two elements of array and about invalid string format.

Maybe it highlighted wrong line, I would guess that it is Array.Sort where error occurred, maybe CompareFiles, have you implemented it yourself?

Has the provinceNumbers.Lenght variable anything in it? Try to declare the provinceNumbers list first. Secondly, I assume you haven't added anything to the provinceNumbers list yet so you are creating tempProvinceNubers array with size of 0 (and you cannot change the size of array since declaration).

2 hours ago, Mr_KoKa said:

Exception says about comparing two elements of array and about invalid string format.

Maybe it highlighted wrong line, I would guess that it is Array.Sort where error occurred, maybe CompareFiles, have you implemented it yourself?

Yeah, it looks to possibly be in Array.Sort, but the MSDN says that Array.Sort(Array, Array) will throw InvalidOperationException when "One or more elements in the keysArray do not implement the IComparable interface". However, it appears that his keysArray is of type String[], which works just fine using Array.Sort(String[]), so I have no idea what's going on there. 

5 hours ago, Mr_KoKa said:

Yeah, found out the it wasn't able to get the location properly because optimze code was on. It came from Array.Sort().

4 hours ago, Merkey said:

Has the provinceNumbers.Lenght variable anything in it? Try to declare the provinceNumbers list first. Secondly, I assume you haven't added anything to the provinceNumbers list yet so you are creating tempProvinceNubers array with size of 0 (and you cannot change the size of array since declaration).

provinceNumbers.Length does have a size, but I didn't think to put in a check for it. I will do that later.

2 hours ago, Pinguinsan said:

Yeah, it looks to possibly be in Array.Sort, but the MSDN says that Array.Sort(Array, Array) will throw InvalidOperationException when "One or more elements in the keysArray do not implement the IComparable interface". However, it appears that his keysArray is of type String[], which works just fine using Array.Sort(String[]), so I have no idea what's going on there. 

Yeah, Array.Sort was and wasn't the problem. It came from CompareFiles.

Brah, do you even Java?