The worst software experiences with iOS or Android for you?

The LTT community is huge! We have all kinds of people here. So here is a little background of my experience:

I have owned 3 samsung devices till date.

The first one was the Galaxy Y (GTS 5360) It started hanging and crashing after just one month of usage. I rooted the device to get better performance out of that and it did work for a few months. I eventually lost that Phone.

The second one was the Galaxy Ace Plus. Had similar experiences with it.

The third one was the Galaxy Note 3 Neo which got stolen.

Today i have an android device with the worst software experience

THE XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 3

The OS looks like a complete rip off of the iPhone's iOS. None of that beautiful android design is there. Just a load of childish features and looks

Can't speak for iPhone though. I never had one :D

So what about You? Which phone gave you the worst software experience?

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

I bought a HTC WP8X, I had it about 4 weeks before I sold it and got a HTC One on contract instead.

Windows Phone is dreadful.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

I bought a HTC WP8X, I had it about 4 weeks before I sold it and got a HTC One on contract instead.

Windows Phone is dreadful.

You really think so? I had a nice time with it, it's quite a nice mobile OS (Win10 anyway)

Probably the worst software experience I've had was the iPhone 4 with iOS7, had to use it for 2 weeks.

Laggy, stuttery, broken piece of shit. 

idk

27 minutes ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

The LTT community is huge! We have all kinds of people here. So here is a little background of my experience:

I have owned 3 samsung devices till date.

The first one was the Galaxy Y (GTS 5360) It started hanging and crashing after just one month of usage. I rooted the device to get better performance out of that and it did work for a few months. I eventually lost that Phone.

The second one was the Galaxy Ace Plus. Had similar experiences with it.

The third one was the Galaxy Note 3 Neo which got stolen.

Today i have an android device with the worst software experience

THE XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 3

The OS looks like a complete rip off of the iPhone's iOS. None of that beautiful android design is there. Just a load of childish features and looks

Can't speak for iPhone though. I never had one :D

So what about You? Which phone gave you the worst software experience?

Samsung S3 Mini. I can't even watch a video at 360P without it lagging...

I miss my Sony even more...

I NEEDED WINDOWS 10 64-BIT SO BADLYxD

The awesome build

Ram: DDR400 2.5 GB   GPU: It's big, that's all I know   Case: A red box   Motherboard: My mother hates me   HDD: I don't have one, I threw it against the wall and it broke, so it is a softdrive   CPU: Intel Pentium 3, Quake get's rekt   OS: Microshaft Winblows XP

Here comes a beast of a laptop, the TravelMate 5742, it's so bad (get the reference )

Ram : 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM  (1066Mhz)     CPU :  Intel Core i5 480M / 2.66 GHz (It turbo's up to 2.93 GHz)     GPU :  Intel HD Graphics     HDD : 500GB (5400 rpm) OS : Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (Build 1607)

iOS 7 onwards. 

Bugs bugs moah bugs

Running any newer version of Android than what the device ships with, and Android 5.0.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

so far the absolute worst was the stock ROM on my Xperia X10i. quickly flashed something a lot more handy after getting my hands on one :P

to be honest i never really leave a phone stock. stock ROMs are designed to fit the majority of users, if you want to be a prosumer flashing a custom one is kinda the only way to go.

My iPhone 7 Plus on iOS 10.3.1 feels a lot more unstable that my Nexus 6P did. The device usually crashes at least once a day, compared to my 6P which was rock solid for the duration of me owning it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Whatever iOS update that made 3rd party cables stop working.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

3 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Whatever iOS update that made 3rd party cables stop working.

WHAT?

Just now, AmbarChakrabarti said:

WHAT?

A few years back, maybe 3-4. iOS 7?

Basically all uncertified 3rd party cables stopped working.

Monoprice was ok since they are certified, but cheap Chinese knockoffs from eBay stopped charging.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Bespoke software designed by people unqualified in software engineering, who had a high staff turn over, and possibly the worst management Iv ever seen in a business. Oh and their office smelled like shit coz that was the state of them.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

5 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Monoprice was ok since they are certified, but cheap Chinese knockoffs from eBay stopped charging.

Damn... thats a shocker

O_O

On 4/16/2017 at 0:01 PM, AmbarChakrabarti said:

Damn... thats a shocker

Its also a lie. 3rd party cables work as long as they comply with the lighting standard. Its a security and safety concern. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

I have only ever used the iPhone. First a 5c then the 6s Plus. All issues were usually a result of my actions. Really nothing of any consequence has happened since iOS 7. 

Windows 10 on the other hand.......dont even get me started. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

On 16/04/2017 at 9:03 PM, Raskolnikov said:

Shouldnt bought those in the 1st place.... I think cable wise it is okay.. Just dont buy the knock off charger. 

Some people bought it, then toasted their macbook (pros). 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Used a few phone before... mostly iphones. And one android phone (nexus 6p) and one windows phone. (nokia lumia something) 

The worst experience I've had was on my nexus 6p. It was a GREAT phone! 

Anddddd after 7.0 came out, the os became a lot more buggy than before. 

Camera app constantly crashing, (and it is the stock app) , app i installed is not compatible. Lots of glitches and what not. 

Sold it half price and got an SE. 

iPhone is alot more boring than android device, but it works, every single time....

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2017 at 9:03 AM, Raskolnikov said:

I've never had a cable be rejected by the OS for that. Most cables conform to the standard just fine I'm pretty sure. Unless you're talking about like $2 Chinese ones, then I guess you might have some problems.

Android has always been good to me, never had any real problems. I had an iPod touch gen 1 and that's as far as my experience with ios is. 

my biggest hair pulled is windows ten, for some reason on my hardware I get hangs, crashes, black screens, fails boots to the point where I had to reformat it. Most of the data wrote to my ssd is windows installing. 

on Ubuntu now been soils since install and I've not had to restart to install updates :) 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´