Project Blank

The SM8 has to be my favorite Caselabs case, can't wait for more updates! :) 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Mother of expensive keyboard, does it feed me or something?

lol

Man once you get into this whole keyboard thing, its as addictive as water cooling

That 60% keyboard I posted above is not my daily driver or my most favorite one, I have a KMAC2 which is a dream to type on 

The SM8 has to be my favorite Caselabs case, can't wait for more updates! :)

I've actually came across a few problems for more updates

1. They've (Caselabs) forgotten to send me the PSU plate cover

2. I need fittings extender for my aqualis pump/res, the cut out is a bit to small for the fittings to go all the way through. I've put an order already and should be here in a week or two, man the shipping is killing me

3. I'm too lazy to do major mod today due to hangover :( that includes draining my old system and cleaning all the blocks

but stay tuned, once I get all the stuff the updates would most likely be daily

I gotta put more patience due to shipping 

Shipping is a total bummer... But when the package arrives!!!! What an awesome feeling! Can't wait to see whats next :D

i5 3570k - MSI Z77 GD65 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - Galaxy GTX 780 - Corsair AX650 - Custom CPU Loop - Corsair 650D - OCZ Agility 4 128GB - WD Black 640GB

Wow! these are so cool! i am definitely going to get one. Been looking at keyboards for so long. Tried so many. never found the right one. These may be the answer. Thanks!

Shipping is a total bummer... But when the package arrives!!!! What an awesome feeling! Can't wait to see whats next :D

Yeah that feeling for waiting and when it finally arrived, thats addicting tbh haha

Wow! these are so cool! i am definitely going to get one. Been looking at keyboards for so long. Tried so many. never found the right one. These may be the answer. Thanks!

Glad I can help

After playing around and some test fit

TestFit_zps18220855.jpg

Decided to finally disassemble the old rig, drain time!

Drain_zps5052bfc1.jpg

and so from this.... which took me months of planning and execution

Side_zps9c649290.jpg

to this in an hour

Old_zps3b9ae210.jpg

:(  :(  :(  

anyway this is the comparison with the new SM8

OldvsNew_zps0f66cd3e.jpg

OldvsNew2_zpsacbf8b7a.jpg

and the workspace which is more like a war zone right now

Warzone_zps78a7e471.jpg

Next one will be some paint work for the rad, the vinegar, DI water, primer and paint are all ready but again its nearly midnight  :rolleyes:

PaintRad_zpsfa43e57b.jpg

Great pics so far. Love the added soldiers. Makes for a classy pic. I was thinking about doing the same with Pokemon toys. xD

Can't wait to see this :)

Currently priming the rad, stay tuned my friend! :)

Great pics so far. Love the added soldiers. Makes for a classy pic. I was thinking about doing the same with Pokemon toys. xD

Thx! 

I've more of the troopers that has not been included yet

would be epic if you have a pokemon theme log lol shaped like a pokeball

Love your switch 810 build and cant wait to see this next one. Just noticed that your coolant had gone from Blood red to purple. How long was it in your system and what coolant where you using?

Cheers

I loved phenomenon. I love this. But one thing, can i haz 810? :D

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

GONRetro_zps6eef8bf1.jpg

GonRetro2_zpsd8510113.jpg

Is that the Commodore logo where the Windows key is?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Love your switch 810 build and cant wait to see this next one. Just noticed that your coolant had gone from Blood red to purple. How long was it in your system and what coolant where you using?

Cheers

Yeah the coolant has changed

its pretty disappointing, hard to say how long I was using it since I heard such coolant can be reused

so when I updated my rig last time I kept the old one and add more since the loop get bigger

thats why Im done with colored coolant

luckily it does not really stain my fittings, I cleaned it up yesterday and soaked it in detergent and most of it gone ; note that my fittings are white

not sure about the blocks I'll have a look at it today 

I loved phenomenon. I love this. But one thing, can i haz 810? :D

I'm planning another build with it , but still not sure :P

Is that the Commodore logo where the Windows key is?

Yeah its the commodore logo, the whole set is called "Retro" set

the first key set I fell in love with  :wub:

Yeah the coolant has changed

its pretty disappointing, hard to say how long I was using it since I heard such coolant can be reused

so when I updated my rig last time I kept the old one and add more since the loop get bigger

thats why Im done with colored coolant

luckily it does not really stain my fittings, I cleaned it up yesterday and soaked it in detergent and most of it gone ; note that my fittings are white

not sure about the blocks I'll have a look at it today 

Can you let me know about your blocks? Im coming from distilled water and im really wanting to try/test a blood red colour (sick of coloured tubing). Im going to use XSPC EC6 and see what happens. Parts are arriving tomorrow. Glad to hear that your fittings have come up good.

Fantastic case the SM8, isnt it?

Can you let me know about your blocks? Im coming from distilled water and im really wanting to try/test a blood red colour (sick of coloured tubing). Im going to use XSPC EC6 and see what happens. Parts are arriving tomorrow. Glad to hear that your fittings have come up good.

Fantastic case the SM8, isnt it?

Here's a potato pic of the cpu, it will go to my next build so might as well clean it now

CPUDirty_zps61044740.jpg

To be honest It doesnt look that bad, but this is why I'm avoiding the use of colored coolant in the future

I've a picture of the GPU but it looks even better after a year of use with no cleaning

My suggestion is still DI water and use color tube

and yes I didnt not regret a thing getting that SM8 :)

Yeah its the commodore logo, the whole set is called "Retro" set

the first key set I fell in love with  :wub:

Woo! Never even seen a Commodore and I know what the logo is!!! I like the keyboard. Is there a full size version (101-key) that I can get with the Commodore logo?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Woo! Never even seen a Commodore and I know what the logo is!!! I like the keyboard. Is there a full size version (101-key) that I can get with the Commodore logo?

Yes there are but its pretty hard to find now

Its a once and only group buy on Geekhack, not sure if they gonna do another round of it

You can try your luck on Geekhack.org / classified sub forum , but prepare to pay a hefty price tag for it :) 

and its a DSA profile keyset, I know its confusing but keycap has different profile for it

different profile means different height in between the row , etc etc

Firstly, cleaning up the old blocks and radiators is HELL if you use colored coolant
I've spent most of the weeks when I could work on the project for cleaning and radiator painting

This is what I get when I opened up all the used blocks

CPUdirty_zpsb83f9692.jpg

GPUDirty_zpsfef7682f.jpg

I have to soak the acrylic and fittings in detergent water, the fittings look 90% new but the acrylic cover for the blocks has not much luck though its still acceptable

and this is the result of applying CLU paste right to the block with the EK naked mount thing for delided IVY

CPUBackdirty_zps7e09b95e.jpg

and some corrosion appeared after some water wash, its my fault I didn't rinse it with DI water straight away
but with copper polish, I got most of the shine back but not the CLU part :(

CPUClean_zpsf76499a8.jpg

Anyway for the log progress, I am really not satisfied with the result of the paint on the radiators
seems like I bought the wrong spray and ended up with a textured, easy to get scratch, non even color
even after priming and 3 layers of paint (with light sanding in between), the can has also been shaken for 15 minutes before use and soak in warm water
so I've bought another paint brand and just finished sanding it up before I hit them with more paint tomorrow

Radiator_zpsd42ceb7f.jpg

I will also repaint the pump mount bracket since it came in steel color

Pumpmount_zps504b5914.jpg

Bought a whole box of DI water for rinsing and the loop

DIwater_zps611110e6.jpg

Mixed it with vinegar to wash the radiator

Vinegar_zps711fbe4b.jpg

This whole radiator cleaning process took me around 3 days of continues rinsing and shaking (5-8 times a day) for the water to run out clear
even let DI water to sit in the radiator for each of the 3 nights and it still run colored on the 3rd day
It will be DI water for life from now on

Put all the stock coolers on and this will be my setup until I get this project done

Love the beefy stock coolers though I will be selling one of the card since I dont need that much power in this other setup

OLD_zps14cbe7ba.jpg

And this came in yesterday

BoxGPU_zpsc8ca6525.jpg

GPUcommander_zpsed890bbc.jpg

GPUmoneyshot_zps49cdb92e.jpg

I've been test fitting everything especially the cables today, want everything to be perfect 

TestFit1_zps48060c4f.jpg

TestFit2_zpsbc46056c.jpg

The measuring and layout of cables took a while to be figured, its all for perfection hope its worth it

I will be sending my cables to a good friend of mine who do sleeving for life, I am terrible with sleeving and I dont want to ruin the build
so pardon me

ToSleeveandcustom_zps6993276b.jpg

That's all for now folks :)

DAT MOUNTING.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Nooo i love that old case mod you did :P

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)