Ryzen CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (BSOD) Windows 10

Go to solution Solved by Michael Boniface,

GUYS

My RAM wans't on the compatibility list and screwed everything up. Got some compatible sticks, all is well now!

2 minutes ago, Michael Boniface said:

Positive. My bootable ISO was a 64 bit and Windows recognizes it as a 64 bit Pro version

CPU - Idling between 35 -43... I ran CPUZ stress test for about 40mins and it didnt go past 64

Mobo is in the 30s

From OP it seems like a memory issue, can you try running the PC with one ram stick and testing that on all the slots?

Sounds like it's overheating due to your cooler not being mounted properly.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

The line in Event Viewer, WHEA logger, has logged 11 times an error related to hardware that almost certainly caused a restart. Seems like either your CPU or mobo is faulty.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 minute ago, sgloux3470 said:

Sounds like it's overheating due to your cooler not being mounted properly.

This might sound noobish but how do i properly mount the cooler? I pushed the cooler until the screws stopped, as I didn't want to force it and it came with pre-applied thermal paste. Can I lift the cooler and re mount it without more termal paste? Its running 35-40 idle, and 64C while running CPu-Z stress test (roughly 40mins).

2 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

The line in Event Viewer, WHEA logger, has logged 11 times an error related to hardware that almost certainly caused a restart. Seems like either your CPU or mobo is faulty.

The error states:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.
Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

EventData
    ErrorSource 3
    ApicId 0
    MCABank 22
    MciStat 0xbaa000000000080b
    MciAddr 0x0
    MciMisc 0xd00a0fff01000000
    ErrorType 10
    TransactionType 256
    Participation 0
    RequestType 0
    MemorIO 2
    MemHierarchyLvl 3
    Timeout 0
    OperationType 256
    Channel 256
    Length 928

Just now, Michael Boniface said:

The error states:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.
Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

EventData
    ErrorSource 3
    ApicId 0
    MCABank 22
    MciStat 0xbaa000000000080b
    MciAddr 0x0
    MciMisc 0xd00a0fff01000000
    ErrorType 10
    TransactionType 256
    Participation 0
    RequestType 0
    MemorIO 2
    MemHierarchyLvl 3
    Timeout 0
    OperationType 256
    Channel 256
    Length 928

Seems like one of the two is faulty... You'll probably need to get an 

RMA done.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Just now, DocSwag said:

Seems like one of the two is faulty... You'll probably need to get an 

RMA done.

I bought the parts at a store close to home... Although I did the assembly. Does my warranty still cover this?!

What about the ram.. why would Windows not show 8gb?!

I bought the parts at a store close to home... Although I did the assembly. Does my warranty still cover this?!

What about the ram.. why would Windows not show 8gb?!

It should cover it. Just because you assembled it doesn't void the warranty.

Just making sure but you have 64 bit not 32 bit windows installed right?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

It should cover it. Just because you assembled it doesn't void the warranty.

Just making sure but you have 64 bit not 32 bit windows installed right?

Yes 64 bit!

10 minutes ago, Michael Boniface said:

Yes 64 bit!

Hmm that's weird. Usually it means the OS is reserving the ram for its own use but usually they don't reserve half of the ram...

I would try to get your CPU and mobo rmaed and then after that if you still only have 4gb usable see if you could run memtest or something to make sure the ram isn't bad either.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Crossbred said:

Ryzen bumps up temperatures by 20c, don't worry.

Try bumping the system agent or ring voltage.

Only the X series CPUs bumped up temperatures 20°C to force the fan curve to run harder, and that was resolved a few weeks ago for most monitoring software.

4 hours ago, Michael Boniface said:

Also, Windows (in system properties) says I have 8gb ram installed, but only 3.93 are usable. In Cpu-z it shows both of my 4gb ram sticks. In BIOS it also shows both my Ram sticks but in DRAM says 4gb...

I recommend taking the CPU motherboard and RAM back to the store for testing.

3 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

Only the X series CPUs bumped up temperatures 20°C to force the fan curve to run harder, and that was resolved a few weeks ago for most monitoring software.

I recommend taking the CPU motherboard and RAM back to the store for testing.

3 hours ago, DocSwag said:

Hmm that's weird. Usually it means the OS is reserving the ram for its own use but usually they don't reserve half of the ram...

I would try to get your CPU and mobo rmaed and then after that if you still only have 4gb usable see if you could run memtest or something to make sure the ram isn't bad either.

Going to the store tomorrow.

Should I take my PC built, or should I remove all parts? I think that if I take it built it might be simpler..

Also, how long do RMA's take? Do they exchange my parts on the spot if they have them in stock, or do they have to send them to manufacturer first?

Should I take my PC built, or should I remove all parts? I think that if I take it built it might be simpler..

Also, how long do RMA's take? Do they exchange my parts on the spot if they have them in stock, or do they have to send them to manufacturer first?

You'll probably have to remove the parts. With RMAs you send the parts back to the manufacturer so it could take a while...

Of course, if you could somehow just get a refund exchange sorta thing that would work too.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

They will likely need to test components individually, so it probably won't matter taking it built or back in the individual boxes.

It depends on the store and country, if they have to send them offsite for testing, then it could take several weeks. I have had to wait 8 weeks with constantly nagging the store to chase a motherboard up with Asus before they approved the RMA.

Just now, DocSwag said:

You'll probably have to remove the parts. With RMAs you send the parts back to the manufacturer so it could take a while...

Of course, if you could somehow just get a refund exchange sorta thing that would work too.

Well I have two options with them:

1) Regular refund for store credit (but would be weird for them, as i would then buy the same parts...)

2) RMA

2 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

They will likely need to test components individually, so it probably won't matter taking it built or back in the individual boxes.

It depends on the store and country, if they have to send them offsite for testing, then it could take several weeks. I have had to wait 8 weeks with constantly nagging the store to chase a motherboard up with Asus before they approved the RMA.

Keeping in mind I bought these parts yesterday, would it be "ok" for me to go through a normal refund and then buy the exact same parts?!

2 minutes ago, Michael Boniface said:

Well I have two options with them:

1) Regular refund for store credit (but would be weird for them, as i would then buy the same parts...)

2) RMA

Regular refund would probably work xD. Unless they have something against returning broken parts, even if you didn't break it.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

Regular refund would probably work xD. Unless they have something against returning broken parts, even if you didn't break it.

Fortunately I'm about to graduate from law school.... so they better not dare say that LOL as they are legally abliged to refund me on the spot, i just dont want to be a dick with them as i want new parts tomorrow! xD

Fortunately I'm about to graduate from law school.... so they better not dare say that LOL as they are legally abliged to refund me on the spot, i just dont want to be a dick with them as i want new parts tomorrow! xD

Well in that case, why not xD 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Michael Boniface said:

Keeping in mind I bought these parts yesterday, would it be "ok" for me to go through a normal refund and then buy the exact same parts?!

I hope that the store would have suitable parts to test and resolve it onsite and can do so within a short space in time, then can deal with any RMA process themselves afterwards without needing to worry you about it. See if they can remedy the situation first before suggesting refund/repurchase.

This happened to me but with my fx6300 the other day. Turned out to be 1 bad stick of ram. Bought a new set of 16gb ram. Worked like a charm

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

I've had this problem before, it's the RAM that's faulty. CPU and mobo should be fine, don't bother returning those until you try a new memory kit.

i5 4690k / H100i w/ Gentle Typhoons /  MSI Z97 Gaming 3 / 8GB Vengeance Pro 1600 MHz / GTX 1070 Founders Edition / Crucial MX100 512GB & WD Blue 1TB / Seasonic M12II EVO 620W / Mastercase 5 Pro

2 minutes ago, Tuugeboi said:

I've had this problem before, it's the RAM that's faulty. CPU and mobo should be fine, don't bother returning those until you try a new memory kit.

40 minutes ago, miagisan said:

This happened to me but with my fx6300 the other day. Turned out to be 1 bad stick of ram. Bought a new set of 16gb ram. Worked like a charm

I ran Windows Memory Ram test and no errors popped up :(

9 minutes ago, Michael Boniface said:

I ran Windows Memory Ram test and no errors popped up :(

You should still give it a shot, windows not detecting your RAM correctly indicates there's something wrong with it.

i5 4690k / H100i w/ Gentle Typhoons /  MSI Z97 Gaming 3 / 8GB Vengeance Pro 1600 MHz / GTX 1070 Founders Edition / Crucial MX100 512GB & WD Blue 1TB / Seasonic M12II EVO 620W / Mastercase 5 Pro

1 hour ago, Tuugeboi said:

You should still give it a shot, windows not detecting your RAM correctly indicates there's something wrong with it.

Well..... You were right! At least partially, for now! I pulled out one of the ram sticks and not only was I able to boot into battlefield, but to play 20-30mins before shutting down AGAIN.. My mobo is set up in a way that i cant just put the ram in any of the slots, if I am using 2 sticks i have to put them i.e. in slot A and C, if i have one stick - slot A etc...

So the only thing i could test was each stick of ram (one at a time) in slot A. One stickkept my pc running for a bit longer than the other, but the result was the same - shut down. 

Does this mean its the mobo?! 

In sum:

2 Sticks of ram in Slot A and C - PC restart while starting up BF1

One stick of ram in Slot A - 20-30mins before PC shutdown (one stick kept me going for a bit longer than the other)