Allow Members to block other members from viewing their profile

piemadd

There are some people at my school that have made LTT accounts to do 1 thing, stalk me. Some things that I don't like bringing up at school (such as my sexuality) are on the forum. I would love if I could do this.

i like trains 🙂

just set your profile to private. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

That's why I don't tell people I am on the LTT forum. I've dealt with the same thing (things I don't want school people knowing and them making accounts), but it hasn't been many people yet. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, HunterSkater429 said:

Keep your personal life off the internet maybe? 

Then what's the point of stuff like the LGBT community? That makes this stuff completely pointless. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

Then what's the point of stuff like the LGBT community? That makes this stuff completely pointless. 

If you choose to put your personal life online you have to deal with the consequences, and if people make fun of and stalk you for it well either stop, or learn to not care and embrace who you are as a person and take all the shit you get.

I would say just don't say who you are but it's easy to find out who people are irl  forums

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal

If you like talking with forum members about stuff you don't IRL, create a group DM or use Discord or w/e 

Yes, it would be fantastic if you could retreat to the forum and talk openly but as you have discovered, public information is... well... public. 

Also, your suggestion would require you know their username; if you know their username, they most likely have already discovered your content. 

Not to mention that they could quite easily just browser the threads rather than your profile to see your content, and you can't block them from seeing that as that would open a whole world of misuse and abuse

You need to be online info literate. Why would you tell people you are on LTT when you post personal stuff there?

It does not make any sense whatsoever.

Here No one knows who I am

Here No one knows where I am

IRL No one knows I am here

So I can say whatever I want within the guidelines of the censorship rules here at LTT.

14 minutes ago, mikat said:

but you can view your profile if you're not logged in, it's the same as blocking someone on twitter, it doesn't prevent them from seeing your stuff, only from sending you something from that exact username

good point. do you know how to make an account private?

i can't find anywhere to do it.

i like trains 🙂

Just now, yathis said:

Maybe edit all your posts, and not use your account no more.

i'm not going to abandon this account

i like trains 🙂

Just now, Implosivetech said:

ok then you gotta live with what you have

can I ask why you dont want to abondon your account?

Just now, Implosivetech said:

don't say anything that will give you away, make a new account if you compromised this one. 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

make a new account

Against da rules mate!

1 minute ago, yathis said:

Against da rules mate!

mods won't care if it's for security reasons. this rule was put in to stop trolls from creating multiple accounts. 

5 minutes ago, yathis said:

ok then you gotta live with what you have

can I ask why you dont want to abondon your account?

*cough* post count *cough*

i like trains 🙂

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

mods won't care if it's for security reasons. this rule was put in to stop trolls from creating multiple accounts. 

depends on the moderator I guess

1 minute ago, Implosivetech said:

*cough* post count *cough*

That is what I thought, atleast you are honest.

Though 900 is pretty low, you could perform good shit posts and get back up to 900 in no time.

Just now, yathis said:

That is what I thought, atleast you are honest.

honesty is the best policy

i like trains 🙂

FYI I dont care about my personal post count.

I just dont have a life!

Now if you were to apply yourself....................................just saying

Separate thought: Maybe your technique of post count is content quality...............................

yathis

• Content count

March 3
  • Last visited

2 minutes ago

3 minutes ago, yathis said:

FYI I dont care about my personal post count.

I just dont have a life!

Now if you were to apply yourself....................................just saying

Separate thought: Maybe your technique of post count is content quality...............................

yathis

• Content count

March 3
  • Last visited

2 minutes ago

look at @deXxterlab97

not saying he has crappy posts, just the downright speed that he got 18,000 in wat a few months

i like trains 🙂

1 hour ago, Jamiec1130 said:

There's choice everyone makes. Either talk things in public places or don't. Doesn't matter if its forum or school or some hobby group. They are all public and every member and sometimes non-members can talk about things they hear there. If someone doesn't want people to know about their doings in open place A and talk about them in open place B, then they maybe shouldn't be talking about things in open places.

Things like LGBTQ community are good in general. If anything, they provide support from others in similar situations, feelings and issues. But posting with known nickname or from public location (lets say at school) means someone will eventually stumble with those things.

55 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Is that verified from some mod? I think general rule of thumb is to consult moderation before making multiple accs.

53 minutes ago, yathis said:

They do talk among themselves, you know.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Is that verified from some mod? I think general rule of thumb is to consult moderation before making multiple accs.

i am assuming that mods are competent people with average human empathy. 

2 hours ago, Jamiec1130 said:

That's why I don't tell people I am on the LTT forum. I've dealt with the same thing (things I don't want school people knowing and them making accounts), but it hasn't been many people yet. 

this ^^

Spoiler

good thing my class is all stupid basic bitches :) nobodys into tech and nobody knows LTT

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.