Operating system of 8 core gaming rig

Hi guys,

I think u all remember Linus 8 Core gaming rig for 150 dollars.

What operating system did he use it? 

Windows 10...?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

He used Windows 10, but he didn't factor in the price of an operating system when he estimated the cost. 

I spend most of my time on Autodesk and Caffe. CAD is great, as long as you know what you're doing.

Watson: Ryzen 7 1800X, 32GB 3000Mhz Dominator Platinum, X370 MSI Pro Carbon, 2x FirePro W9100s, 2x 256GB Samsung 850EVO SSDs, 2x 6TB WD Raid 1 HDDs, Ghetto Custom Cooling and Case, Logitech G910 and G502, 3DConnection SpacePilot Pro, 6x 27" Viewsonic FHD Monitors, 2x 24" Acer FHD Monitors, Windows 10 Pro/Ubuntu 16.04 Dual.

Yes, you can game on FirePro Cards, it's just overkill if you never use it's full abilities. 

Sherlock: 128 Core Render Server (32 Nodes, Matched Core 2 Quads, 8GB DDR2) running HPC Service Pack 1 on Windows Server 2016. Just because, you know, who doesn't want to render in real time? (Plus I don't pay the power bill)

Windows 10, if you're going to play games that's most likely what you want to install. You can get it for free if you opt in to the insider program.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 15.4.2017 at 0:02 AM, TonyKramer said:

He used Windows 10, but he didn't factor in the price of an operating system when he estimated the cost. 

And What about Linux / Ubuntu?

5 hours ago, Benedoge said:

And What about Linux / Ubuntu?

Well, that's free, I don't know what the question is here.

I spend most of my time on Autodesk and Caffe. CAD is great, as long as you know what you're doing.

Watson: Ryzen 7 1800X, 32GB 3000Mhz Dominator Platinum, X370 MSI Pro Carbon, 2x FirePro W9100s, 2x 256GB Samsung 850EVO SSDs, 2x 6TB WD Raid 1 HDDs, Ghetto Custom Cooling and Case, Logitech G910 and G502, 3DConnection SpacePilot Pro, 6x 27" Viewsonic FHD Monitors, 2x 24" Acer FHD Monitors, Windows 10 Pro/Ubuntu 16.04 Dual.

Yes, you can game on FirePro Cards, it's just overkill if you never use it's full abilities. 

Sherlock: 128 Core Render Server (32 Nodes, Matched Core 2 Quads, 8GB DDR2) running HPC Service Pack 1 on Windows Server 2016. Just because, you know, who doesn't want to render in real time? (Plus I don't pay the power bill)

On 4/14/2017 at 3:15 PM, Sauron said:

Windows 10, if you're going to play games that's most likely what you want to install. You can get it for free if you opt in to the insider program.

How do you get it for free?

2 minutes ago, Banish72 said:

How do you get it for free?

https://insider.windows.com/

the catch is that you have to use release candidate builds, which are a bit less stable.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

https://insider.windows.com/

the catch is that you have to use release candidate builds, which are a bit less stable.

What does that mean? sorry im building my very first gaming PC 

7 minutes ago, Banish72 said:

What does that mean? sorry im building my very first gaming PC 

The insider program is something you can sign up for to test windows updates before they're rolled out to the masses. As part of the program, you get a free copy of windows (an experimental build to be precise) - at least that's how it used to be when I last checked. Even though it's experimental, it works just as well as the normal version, it may just be a little less stable.

All the information is on the page I linked if you're interested.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 4/14/2017 at 3:15 PM, Sauron said:

Would you mind looking at my last post? It's about what's the difference between the profession oem windows 10 and windows oem? I can see these on the website kinguen.